Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Default Pre Ordering/Purchasing iPhone with Apple Giftcard

Okay, so we all are pretty much sure a new iPhone is coming next month. Although we have not heard any details, based on the past, are you able to pre order the iPhone solely with an Apple Gift Card? I've been reading various websites and some say some kind of a credit card is required for identification purposes. The problem is, I don't have a credit card, I have a debt card. It's a Visa, and since most of the time you can get away with using a debt card as a credit card you would think you could use that. However, I read a few post about people who tried to pre order the iPhone 4 with their Visa debt card and it didn't go through. So, to avoid any problems, I jumped the gun and bought an Apple gift card with all the money I have saved up for the new iPhone. I mean, you would think it would work, being an Apple gift card which says you can purchase anything at an Apple retail or online store. So What do you think? based on any previous experience you have with pre ordering an iPhone. I had planned on pre ordering it online by the way if that makes a difference.