SMS delivery receipt

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It's in the soon to be released iOS 5. Specifically, in the iOS 5 iMessage app. Not here yet (GA), but will be soon.

Sark

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
It's in the soon to be released iOS 5. Specifically, in the iOS 5 iMessage app. Not here yet (GA), but will be soon.

Thanks for the reply.

I've heard it's in iMessage, and will work when sending messages to other iPhone users, but does it work when sending to non-iphone owners ?

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I've heard it's in iMessage, and will work when sending messages to other iPhone users, but does it work when sending to non-iphone owners ?

From what I've seen, the read receipts/timestamps will only work with the iMessage app - meaning i-Device to i-Device. Apparently there won't be read receipts between Android/BlackBerry/WindowsPhone devices and i-Devices. That may change, but that what I see so far, anyway.

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen, the read receipts/timestamps will only work with the iMessage app - meaning i-Device to i-Device. Apparently there won't be read receipts between Android/BlackBerry/WindowsPhone devices and i-Devices. That may change, but that what I see so far, anyway.

There isn't an actual iMessage app, just the messages app and you can enable iMessages to be used between iOS devices.

Read receipts are only available between iOS devices using iMessage, and I doubt that will change any time soon as you'd need to get every carrier using the same system for texts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sark

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
There isn't an actual iMessage app, just the messages app and you can enable iMessages to be used between iOS devices.

Read receipts are only available between iOS devices using iMessage, and I doubt that will change any time soon as you'd need to get every carrier using the same system for texts.

Thanks for that. Possibly the UK carriers are different, but my jailbreak tweak gives me SMS delivery reports to any phone or network over here.

Thanks for all the replies though.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

He's just talking about delivery reports so you know if the text was successfully delivered. Not read receipts.

SteveyAsp

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh. Well, as long as you don't get an error, it should have been successfully delivered, right?

Nope, that will have meant it's been sent, A delivery report will tell you when the person has received it....so if their phone was off and they didn't receive it for 3 hours the receipt report will not change to received for 3 hours when they switch their phone back on.

ThreeUK and OrangeUK both charge 1p each for received reports

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to do this in the US? Get a delivery receipt? Thanks

The recipient has to have the 'send read receipt' option enabled. At least that's how it is with the iPhone.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox