question about notification lock screen and password

bbqsanchez

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
can you see your notifications on your lock screen even if you set up a password.. how does that work ? do you first put in your code and then see the notification or first notification > slide > input password> go to app ?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You don't get the whole notification screen on the lock screen like you do when you pull down the notification center.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But can you see your notifications without putting in your password? I think that's what he's asking. And if so, will acting on a notification then prompt you for the password before opening an app?

Reactions: bbqsanchez

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
yes, you see the notifications. yes, if you "act on" a notification (i.e., slide to reply, etc.) you will have to enter your password to continue

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
There is the option under Notifications / Messages to turn off the option of displaying that on the lock screen. But I don't see the old iOS 4.x option of defining WHAT is displayed - Alert, Alert with Sender, Alert with Sender and Message Content.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
OH! Ok sorry for double post, but it turns out that you set the option on an app-specific level within the notification settings. Some apps have the option (multi-line notifications) while others do not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner