Where is the announcement?

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
September is already more than half over and still no announcement about when the next Apple event will be. If the rumors are true and the iPhone 5 is to be released within the first couple of weeks of October, I'm stunned that invitations haven't been sent out by now. Heck, I haven't even heard a rumor about a possible date for the Keynote.

I really can't believe Apple would miss a holiday season without a new iPhone regardless of how well the iPhone 4 is selling. So I has to be coming soon but without even a definitive date for the event, the wait is just that much longer.

Any guesses on when the event will be for the keynote?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
There's absolutely no chance Apple will miss the holiday season for their new iPhone and iPod lineup...

Last year didn't they release the iPhone 4 in the US just 2 weeks after the announcement? Or 10 days or something?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
On Feb. 23rd, Apple sent out invitations to a press event being held March 2nd (iPad 2). That's one week between invitation and event.

Last year, Steve announced iPhone 4 and iOS 4 at WWDC on June 7th. He said iOS 4 GM would be available to developers immediately. iOS 4 was released on June 21st. iPhone 4 arrived June 24th. That's 17 days between announcement and iPhone.

IF they target an Oct. 5th event (iPhone 5), the invitations would arrive Sep. 28th. Saturday, Oct. 22nd would be 17 days after the event. Maybe they shave off a day or two and get the phones out on Thursday or Friday? Or maybe they get the phones out 7-10 days after the event? Place your bets.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 won't ship without iOS 5.

There has to be another beta - 7 is still buggy - before a Goldem Master. There will be two weeks between the GM and a ship date.

The only question is how long between the announcement and the ship date.... You can count backwards and when the GM is available, you should know when the announcement will be made.

There is no harm if Apple announces in November..... There is nothing magical about October.

-t

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
you think the release of iOS5 will be in 2 weeks or the announcement of the Keynote?

I would think it would come out around the same time as the new iPhone, but I am just as much in the dark about release dates as anyone else.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 5 won't ship without iOS 5.

There has to be another beta - 7 is still buggy - before a Goldem Master. There will be two weeks between the GM and a ship date.

The only question is how long between the announcement and the ship date.... You can count backwards and when the GM is available, you should know when the announcement will be made.

There is no harm if Apple announces in November..... There is nothing magical about October.

-t

Well, why would the last Beta have to be perfect if that's what the GM is for? lol... So personally I think the GM could very well come next, with no Beta 8. Apple doesn't have a set number of Betas.

Furthermore, we're talking about the announcement in this thread, not really the actual release of iOS 5 or iPhone 5.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't be so bad waiting for the phone if I knew it was worth waiting for. I'm looking forward to the announcement because I've been due for an upgrade since July and I hesitate to pull the trigger on another phone before I know the specs and design of the iPhone 5. If its not that much different or better than my iPhone 4, I may just get something else this year and get the iPhone 6 next year. At least once its announced I can make my decision. Apple has done a great job this year of keeping us in the dark (unlike last year, lol) because one day I'll read "no new design for the iPhone 5" and the next day "radical new design for the iPhone 5" and then the next day...well, you know. I just hope if it is a new design it isn't the "teardrop" shape that some people have suggested because I don't know if I can handle an asymmetrical iPhone, even if it is just asymmetrical from the side view.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Macworld Asia Expo begins this week on the 22nd. Maybe that's when the announcement will be made? I can't think of a more opportune time to do so... considering the iP5 is rumored to launch sometime next month.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of anxious, myself. Rumored launch dates are in mid-October - still a month away, so there's time. Just hurry up and tell us something, Apple.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@tlo7

It's not really assymetrical. Do you look at someone's face and saw its assymetrical because their chin is not as wide as their forehead?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The rumors say the phone will come out on the 7th which is a Friday, a week before that is the 30th, so I'd expect invites to go out the end of this week, maybe Friday the 23rd.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The rumors say the phone will come out on the 7th which is a Friday, a week before that is the 30th, so I'd expect invites to go out the end of this week, maybe Friday the 23rd.

There has been rumors saying about every date in oct that it could come out so just because one rumor said the 7th means nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox