Messaging Under iOS5

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
It would seem that part of iOS5 will be an Apple Proprietary messaging/email system between Apple devices. Antbody have an idea as to how the "address" is going to be determined? As an iPhone user would I have to log on somewhere and "establish" an address for my device or would that simply come as part of the device itself.

Also, do you think we will be able to look up another user's address? I mean, say you know a friend of yours has an iPad and you want to send him a message. Would there be anyway to "look up" his address?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It would seem that part of iOS5 will be an Apple Proprietary messaging/email system between Apple devices. Antbody have an idea as to how the "address" is going to be determined? As an iPhone user would I have to log on somewhere and "establish" an address for my device or would that simply come as part of the device itself.

Also, do you think we will be able to look up another user's address? I mean, say you know a friend of yours has an iPad and you want to send him a message. Would there be anyway to "look up" his address?

If you have an iPhone, your phone number is your iMessage ID. If you have another iOS device, it's your Apple ID or email address. I don't know if there will be a directory or "look up" feature like in Skype. With Apple's privacy policies, I'd think it be an opt-in type deal. Isn't there already a 411 for cell phones?

iMessage is Going to Be Huge! Here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2