Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default No new design for Iphone 5 (aka iPhone 4S)

According to a report from macrumors we won't be getting a new design for iphone 5. It will take on the same form factor as the iphone 4 with upgraded internals.

check it out...

Apple Sending iOS 5 to iPhone Assemblers at End of September, No Sign of Redesigned iPhone 5 - Mac Rumors

Any truth to this rumor?

Thoughts?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's a rumor just like all the others. Until we receive concrete info from Apple (hopefully sooner than later) just take it with a grain of salt and enjoy what you have.
    iPhone 6 - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Still speculation/rumor, until confirmed by Apple at the announcement.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CG68 View Post
    It's a rumor just like all the others. Until we receive concrete info from Apple (hopefully sooner than later) just take it with a grain of salt and enjoy what you have.
    I can't wait till Apple finally announces the dang iPhone so all these rumors will stop.
    DreamOutLoud65 likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I can't wait till Apple finally announces the dang iPhone so all these rumors will stop.
    Agreed. Should be in the next few weeks.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Agreed. Should be in the next few weeks.
    Wait, what? You and I actually agree on something, Red? Who'd a thunk it! LOL.
    iPhone Beginner

This is yet another pointless thread with zero credibility.
    iPhone Beginner

Have they actually said there is going to be one at all?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I totally agree and think that before everyone starts to jump the gun and cry about the iP5 not being a true update to its predecessor... let's just sit back, enjoy the popcorn & soda during the previews and then we can criticize once the feature presentation comes.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheggy View Post
    Have they actually said there is going to be one at all?
    An announcement? They have one every year. This one won't be any different. People just have to Relax and wait.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

An announcement? They have one every year. This one won't be any different. People just have to Relax and wait.
    Well they also usually release the iPhone in july and that didn't happen. So nothing can be based off of what they did before.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Well they also usually release the iPhone in july and that didn't happen. So nothing can be based off of what they did before.
    The fact that Apple didn't release the iPhone on schedule as they have done in the past has zero to do with them holding an announcement. There will be an announcement from Apple in regards to the new iPhone soon enough.
    iPhone Beginner

The fact that Apple didn't release the iPhone on schedule as they have done in the past has zero to do with them holding an announcement. There will be an announcement from Apple in regards to the new iPhone soon enough.
    Who says?

Why do they need a new iPhone when ip4 is still top of the ratings?

It's all speculation, nobody on here knows anything, no matter how well informed they claim they are!
    Premium1 likes this.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Who says?

It's all speculation, nobody on here knows anything, no matter how well informed they claim they are!
    - I know nothing about a announcement but in my opinion there will be one.

- They really don't but perhaps the reason for a slight spec bump in the new device is because they know they don't need a totally redesigned device - at least not yet. Similar to the 3G to 3GS jump.

- Do you know everyone on this forum?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Who says?

Whether or not there is a new iPhone coming out shortly isn't even a question. Period. Also this guy right here does know and has already given TiPb more than enough tangible evidence for us to believe him. iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at TiPb.com - View Profile: Jeremy Sikora
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 09-12-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Did you just wake up out of a coma or what? Didn't ya here? There will be a new iPhone, it's all over the Internet. Whether or not there is a new iPhone coming out shortly isn't even a question. Period. Also this guy right here does know and has already given TiPb more than enough tangible evidence for us to believe him. http://forums.tipb.com/members/jeremy-sikora-39923/
    Oh don't point at me. I'll have to defend myself all over again.

I'll just get this out of the way and I'm not going to debate it anymore with anyone. The next iPhone will not be totally redesigned nor will it have a larger screen. People need to except that and live with it. I don't like it myself. Now maybe and that is a very large maybe there is another phone that I'm not aware of that Apple has kept hidden away. I just highly doubt it.
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    - I know nothing about a announcement but in my opinion there will be one.

- They really don't but perhaps the reason for a slight spec bump in the new device is because they know they don't need a totally redesigned device - at least not yet. Similar to the 3G to 3GS jump.

- Do you know everyone on this forum?
    I know it's all rumours, speculation and poking in the dark.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Speak for yourself.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    Oh don't point at me. I'll have to defend myself all over again.
    You're too modest, lol.

I'll just get this out of the way and I'm not going to debate it anymore with anyone. The next iPhone will not be totally redesigned nor will it have a larger screen. People need to except that and live with it. I don't like it myself. Now maybe and that is a very large maybe there is another phone that I'm not aware of that Apple has kept hidden away. I just highly doubt it.
    Unfortunately I think you are right. Even I was hoping for a larger screen and a thinner profile, however, I'm not as disappointed anymore after my trial with the Samsung Infuse 4G. The screen on that beast was too large and so was the phone, for me. I think the iPhone 4 was and still is the perfect size for a smartphone.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

No one is poking in the dark. There will be a new iPhone and an announcement to go with it. People just need to chill out and learn to wait....
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

No one is poking in the dark. There will be a new iPhone and an announcement to go with it. People just need to chill out and learn to wait....
    Damn dude relax nobody said there wouldn't be a new iphone. Idk why you are getting so uptight when people speculate about the smallest things. Maybe apple has 2 development groups working on two iphones because it seems strange these case manufacturers would waste millions of dollars making cases if in fact the iphone is staying same size as the current iphone. And if people want to say well thats for the new ipod touch well think why would apple increase the screen size for that but not the iphone? That is going to lead to just as much fragmentation for devs as increasing the screen size on the iphone would. Just saying.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Damn dude relax nobody said there wouldn't be a new iphone. Idk why you are getting so uptight when people speculate about the smallest things. Maybe apple has 2 development groups working on two iphones because it seems strange these case manufacturers would waste millions of dollars making cases if in fact the iphone is staying same size as the current iphone. And if people want to say well thats for the new ipod touch well think why would apple increase the screen size for that but not the iphone? That is going to lead to just as much fragmentation for devs as increasing the screen size on the iphone would. Just saying.
    Who says those cases are even for an Apple product?
    Thanked by:
    Irish Rose (09-12-2011)
    H_D, Irish Rose and Edge1978#IM like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

k

First of all, I am not a "dude", so save that kind of talk for the streets where it belongs. Secondly, I am not even going to defend my posts with you. I quoted what I was replying to clarity. Thirdly, this is the second time you have told me to relax. You don't know me nor my emotional state while posting on here. Actually, I'm sitting here with my wine cooler and couldn't be more relaxed.
    iPhone Beginner

Good job you edited your response Rose, I haven't been personal and I don't appreciate keyboard warriors, regardless of sex
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Good job you edited your response Rose, I haven't been personal and I don't appreciate keyboard warriors, regardless of sex
    I edited my post so it wouldn't be personal.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast