Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

20 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Keynote AirPlay...!!!

Not sure just what beta this came in with, but have just tested this myself, and it works great...!

When I mirror my display to my apple tv, and the play a keynote presentation, it will full screen display the slides on the tv, and gives you the option to have the next slide, or slide notes displayed just on the iPad!

I might have been being sim... But I never got this working before!

A function I've been waiting for for ages!
    iMore Beginner

71 Posts

That is incredible to hear! This is what I want to be doing as well...

Say, can an iPad 2 connect directly to an Apple TV via wifi? Or, do they have to both be able to join an existing wifi network? I guess having a Airport Express along would solve this, but it would be nice to have one less piece of gear.

(It would also be REALLY handy of the Apple TV had a VGA out for projectors!)

But, I'm really happy to hear this. It is doable, it is now just a matter of how refined it becomes with less equipment needed.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default ?!

Were you using Airplay from your iPad to work full screen through you ATV? I want the program but not if its not full screen!
    iMore Beginner

71 Posts

I think you ran across an old thread. I don't yet have an ATV, but my understanding is that with the current Keynote iOS, you can display the slides on an Apple TV connected screen, while seeing the next slide and notes on your iPad, wirelessly with AirPlay. It's an advertised feature. Is that what you're asking?

Even more exciting might be the possibility of the coming additions to Airplay where the iPad could connect directly to the AppleTV without them having to sign into a wifi network. (I haven't heard confirmation of this working yet, but the rumors seem to indicate it is coming.)