Near final IOS5 Build reaches late carrier testing; carriers begin support training

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait! Hope they come out with a jailbreak for it soon too. I'm going through jailbreak withdrawal now that I'm stuck running stock iOS 4.3.5. <sigh>

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait! Hope they come out with a jailbreak for it soon too. I'm going through jailbreak withdrawal now that I'm stuck running stock iOS 4.3.5. <sigh>

I know what you mean.
(I can't be bothered to mess around with downgrading or shsh, etc).

IOS 5 will likely be the last upgrade my 3GS gets.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The iOS 5 betas all have been jailbroken . I'm quite sure when the official comes out, the devs will have it releases same day, next day or shortly after just like previous iOS builds

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
what?!... why?!

I thought I was going to leave iOS for Android last weekend when I got the Inspire 4G, so I updtated the iOS in order to sell my iPhone 4. However, there is still something missing from Android for me so I returned the Inspire and am now using my iPhone 4 again. I didn't save any of the past iOS versions in Cydia while running 4.2.1, so now I'm out of luck. :eek: I should have known better and just waited. :(

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The iOS 5 betas all have been jailbroken . I'm quite sure when the official comes out, the devs will have it releases same day, next day or shortly after just like previous iOS builds

Hopefully it will be untethered as I don't plan on going through the hassle of a tethered jailbreak.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i would not count on a easy untethered release as of yet. so far there have not been any rumors of a untethered and typically there is by now. it would not surprise me if it took some time before we see an untethered. i hope i am wrong?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I thought I was going to leave iOS for Android last weekend when I got the Inspire 4G, so I updtated the iOS in order to sell my iPhone 4. However, there is still something missing from Android for me so I returned the Inspire and am now using my iPhone 4 again. I didn't save any of the past iOS versions in Cydia while running 4.2.1, so now I'm out of luck. :eek: I should have known better and just waited. :(

karma is a b!tch haha! you should go to iOS 5 (beta) now. seriously

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i would not count on a easy untethered release as of yet. so far there have not been any rumors of a untethered and typically there is by now. it would not surprise me if it took some time before we see an untethered. i hope i am wrong?

Even if they have untethered, won't be released until 5.0 is official. They don't want Apple patching it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Even if they have untethered, won't be released until 5.0 is official. They don't want Apple patching it.

my apologies; that is what i meant, after iOS 5 is released of course. guess i have been on iOS 5 (beta) a while :)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Inspire is a nice handset, I loved the bigger screen but that was about all. I hated the battery life. iOS is where it's at for functionality, just hope the new hardware is worthy.

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I will probably update my i4 to iOS 5 when it is released. But will keep my iPad on 4.3.3 until a full untethered JB is released for iOS 5. That way I have a JB ipad to keep me happy and the new features on my i4. No with drawls so good to go. Because I can always back my i4 down to any firm from 4.2.1 up I have 17 SHSH saved for it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't save any of the past iOS versions in Cydia while running 4.2.1, so now I'm out of luck. :eek: I should have known better and just waited. :(

Just to be sure: you know you don't have to actively save each version of iOS in Cydia, right? As long as you choose the "Make my life easier" option and open Cydia regularly it will save any SHSH available at that time...so if you did click that when you first jailbroke, you might have blobs saved for a bunch of iOS versions between 4.2.1 and today.