thinking of joining the I crowd

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
currently a BB user and the torch 9800 is a great phone but oh my god the Ipad2 and the IPhone 5 along with the iOS5 upgrade seems like a unbeatable combo. Thinking of taking the plunge and forking out the cash for the wife and myself a complete makeover. Thoughts anyone??? I have no background with apple products at all

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I dumped the BB a few months ago and haven't looked back. Do yourself a favor and take the plunge. You'll be glad you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
currently a BB user and the torch 9800 is a great phone but oh my god the Ipad2 and the IPhone 5 along with the iOS5 upgrade seems like a unbeatable combo. Thinking of taking the plunge and forking out the cash for the wife and myself a complete makeover. Thoughts anyone??? I have no background with apple products at all

Of course, we all think you should ;) but I advise you to go play with em at an Apple store to make sure you like em. They're quite different from Blackberries, but by no means inferior. I'm sure you'll love em, but just to be safe... Go fiddle around at an Apple store for a while ;)

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
thanks to all who responded. I guess it doesn't matter if I wait for iOS5 or not the devices can always be updated right
Think prices will come down on the Iphone 4

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The prices "usually" drop on prior devices. That being the case, the ip4 may drop to $99. I just sold my year old ip4 a month ago for $445 and bought a black one for my hubby and a white one for myself (on upgrade) with $45 left in my pocket! Love the form factor of the 4 so I didn't wait on the new one. True, I could have saved $200 if I'd waited, but I didn't have a backup and hubby's old slider motorola was on its last leg. Besides, had I waited, the market will be flooded with ip4 sales and I could have taken the same hit on that end.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Only difference on apple and blackberry is the security. Bb are more secure and more for the communication and email than to apples fun apps and music .

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You can always return them if you are not satisfied although there will be a restocking fee if you purchase from one of the carriers.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't let that deter you though. Bb is more secure but apple is pretty darn secure as well.

I don't understand what you mean here. As far as I know the iPhone has no history at all when it comes to getting a virus or hacked. That seems like a great security history to me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks to all who responded. I guess it doesn't matter if I wait for iOS5 or not the devices can always be updated right
Think prices will come down on the Iphone 4

The iPhone 4 is definitely going to come down in price once the iPhone 5 comes out.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what you mean here. As far as I know the iPhone has no history at all when it comes to getting a virus or hacked. That seems like a great security history to me.

From what I understand (from different media sites) is bb is more secure as far as something to do with corporate users. What makes it so secure I don't know exactly. But you're right I haven't heard of many viruses or hack attacks either.

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Just do it.. I had the Torch for a few months then went to iPhone4. I now use it (iPhone4) for work, the Cyclemeter for my bike, in my car for Gps, etc,etc.etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,. Oh yes I make the odd phone call from it. You can't go wrong. It just freeking works, no battery pulls or cleaning of memory or any other type of nonsense that I had to do with the BB's that I owned over the years. You won't go back if you get one.You can quote me on that.................. :):):):):):):):)

P.S As far as security goes, its a non issue.............

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just do it.. I had the Torch for a few months then went to iPhone4. I now use it (iPhone4) for work, the Cyclemeter for my bike, in my car for Gps, etc,etc.etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,. Oh yes I make the odd phone call from it. You can't go wrong. It just freeking works, no battery pulls or cleaning of memory or any other type of nonsense that I had to do with the BB's that I owned over the years. You won't go back if you get one.You can quote me on that.................. :):):):):):):):)

P.S As far as security goes, its a non issue.............

Well you cant do a battery pull on the iphone lol

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't get into all the technical like the members here can but I took the plunge a year ago with no regrets. The iPhone works and works well for me. No more battery pulls and 7 minute boot up times. Everything I need in a slick looking package.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Why not get an iPad first to get a feel for iOS. That way you can decide if you'd like to use it in smartphone form as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't get into all the technical like the members here can but I took the plunge a year ago with no regrets. The iPhone works and works well for me. No more battery pulls and 7 minute boot up times. Everything I need in a slick looking package.

True that. I definitely did not miss the long boot up time or the battery pull in order to correct an issue that I was having on my BB Bold. :)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand (from different media sites) is bb is more secure as far as something to do with corporate users. What makes it so secure I don't know exactly. But you're right I haven't heard of many viruses or hack attacks either.

BES supposedly has high encryption servers or whatnot... but since most BB users aren't senior execs in rich corporations we never got to see that :p lol

worktoomuch

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

DON'T DO IT ! There are no profiles for notifications, bad if you need your phone to ring and turn off all other notifications etc etc etc, or have a different profile for night time etc. The calendar is really cumbersome, not near as user friendly as the BB, and that annoying swipe to view the screen after it goes off is annoying. If you turn that off then the screen stays on.... forever!, after only a few hours i see that moving from a BB to Iphone is not a good move for me. No changes for font, size yes, themes?, no, if you don't like the user interface to bad outta luck. Messages... cant get all messages into one folder, emails in one, texts in another... annoying. Maybe some folks who turn off their phone at night, don't use the calendar and don't mind the swipe thingamajigger would be ok. I suspect however that there are other annoyances that would be evident if I used it longer. I would not recommend. The BB is a much more enjoyable experience. I know I will get hammered because of saying this but if you are used to a BB and "USE" it in a professional manner then stick to it. Iphone may be ok for teeny boppers and websurfers.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods