Anyone other than me doing this?
Ok so after careful consideration I decided to sell my iPhone 4 (Verizon) because I really want the new iPhone 5. I am very hesitant to do this because there is no real evidence that we will even see a phone release this year but I have someone willing to pay 400 bucks for my iphone meaning I can just buy the new phone off contract and it will only really cost me like 200 bucks with the other 400 from my old phone for the new one(I have to pay full retail cause I'm on contract) My only caveat is all of the info on the new iPhone is just speculation and rumors so I don't want to be screwed if there is no new phone released this year, I guess it's a risk all in all. I have a new blackberry bold to use for free in the meantime, plus my iPad 2. Anyways what do you guys think, should I do it? The guy is supposed to meet me tomorrow to buy it but nothing is set in stone. What do u think everyone? Anyone else doing this or have done this in the past? Discuss
- 09-01-2011, 10:52 PM #2
I can wait definitely. I just hope it does cause I can't handle not having an iPhone ,it's such an integral part of my life.it's just hard to tell from all the different rumors and speculation what's going to happen. Anyone else thought of doing this?
- 09-02-2011, 12:40 AM #4
- 09-02-2011, 01:15 AM #5
- 09-02-2011, 11:00 AM #6
- 09-02-2011, 11:25 AM #7
Well the blackberry is my brothers so I can't just sell it that would be messed up. I have to have some sort of smartphone on my plan to keep it going or it will be cancelled. And finally if I wait too long once the iPhone 5 drops the market is going to get flooded with people wanting to sell their iphone4 and prices will start to go down dramatically. so I think I've got to do it this way. I'm super bummed because I really love my jail broken iPhone 4 it had been so great. I will always use an iPhone as long as I have a phone.
- 09-02-2011, 09:26 PM #9
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 09-02-2011, 11:46 PM #10
- 09-03-2011, 02:44 AM #11
Rogers gives me the new contract price every year so I usually sell my old iPhone for $350-$450 and by the new one and renew my contract. So basically I get it for free (since I won't be leaving my carrier for a long time, so I'm not worried about contract length or cancellation).
- 09-03-2011, 08:41 PM #12
I was thinking the same thing. I just sold my 16gb for $400. I think I can wait for the 5 to come out?? I have an old Blackberry 8310 I am using in the mean time. Its a good phone for calls and the speakerphone is awesome but that's about it. The rest of it "Sucks Monkey Butt"! Come on Apple, you better come thru....And Hurry, I'm starting to get withdrawals
- 09-06-2011, 11:22 PM #13
I would advise against getting the new iPhone as soon as it is released. The new models inevitably have a few problems and bugs that take a bit to sort out. I waited until September of 2010 to get my 4, and I haven't had any display problems, proximity sensor issues, blue camera spots, or signal strength problems - all things early iPhone 4s suffered from.
- 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM #14
So, you either get it right away and take a chance that there might be a tiny problem which can be resolved in a few weeks, leaving you with an otherwise working device, or you wait a few months, during which you could have been enjoying a brand new iPhone and all the cool apps coming out that leverage the new features. :P
- 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM #15
- 09-07-2011, 11:22 AM #16
Dude I worked for a major retail corporate company for over 5 years(guitar center) and I was a high ranking manager at my store, I had to deal with a lot if not all of the customer service issues or dropped balls etc and at guitar center our number one priority is service and taking care of people which they all do very very well. Apple smokes guitar center AND pretty much every other company that sells products. Dude apple replaced 5 of my IPad 2's when I had the dreaded light bleed with out question. I even had a personal phone call from corporate handling my case and they took better care of me than I could have asked for. So I will definitely be in line over night when and IF they release an iPhone 5 this year no question, and will be confident that if I've got issues with my new phone they will take care of it.
- 09-07-2011, 10:06 PM #18
- 09-08-2011, 12:37 AM #19
I also got my iPhone 4 on launch day and had zero roblems. So like everyone has said it's luck of the draw whether you get a phone that passed the tolerance bu has problems. If you do get one it doesn't matter just exchange it when you can and use it until you get a replacement.
I have been contemplatin selling mine in anticipation for the 5. However I have someone waiting to take it off my hands for a good price, once I get the 5. It's pretty much brand new since it's been in a Defender case with a screen protector since day one. It's also th 32GB factory unlocked model which means I can sell it to anyone with any carrier. If th price drops big time I'll just keep th 4.
- 09-08-2011, 01:01 AM #20
- 09-08-2011, 04:01 AM #21
- 09-08-2011, 04:35 AM #22
- 09-08-2011, 09:01 AM #23
- 09-08-2011, 10:25 AM #24
- 09-08-2011, 09:17 PM #25