Anyone other than me doing this?

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so after careful consideration I decided to sell my iPhone 4 (Verizon) because I really want the new iPhone 5. I am very hesitant to do this because there is no real evidence that we will even see a phone release this year but I have someone willing to pay 400 bucks for my iphone meaning I can just buy the new phone off contract and it will only really cost me like 200 bucks with the other 400 from my old phone for the new one(I have to pay full retail cause I'm on contract) My only caveat is all of the info on the new iPhone is just speculation and rumors so I don't want to be screwed if there is no new phone released this year, I guess it's a risk all in all. I have a new blackberry bold to use for free in the meantime, plus my iPad 2. Anyways what do you guys think, should I do it? The guy is supposed to meet me tomorrow to buy it but nothing is set in stone. What do u think everyone? Anyone else doing this or have done this in the past? Discuss

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There will be a new iPhone that is guaranteed. All depends if you can wait a month or so(rumored) for the new iPhone.

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I can wait definitely. I just hope it does cause I can't handle not having an iPhone ,it's such an integral part of my life.it's just hard to tell from all the different rumors and speculation what's going to happen. Anyone else thought of doing this?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually have someone who wants to buy my iPhone 4 when/if I get the next model. He just bought my iMac from me. I would probably sell it to him now but I don't have a backup phone anymore so he will have to wait.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I will be doing that too but not desperate for the money as iPhone comes free on plan.

Worst comes to worst I'll keep iPhone 4 for my beta testing.

iPhone 4 : iPad 2 : MacBook Pro 13

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't you sell the iphone and then buy a cheaper one and sell the bb? Then you should have enough for the new iphone? Or just sell the bb instead and keep the iphone.

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well the blackberry is my brothers so I can't just sell it that would be messed up. I have to have some sort of smartphone on my plan to keep it going or it will be cancelled. And finally if I wait too long once the iPhone 5 drops the market is going to get flooded with people wanting to sell their iphone4 and prices will start to go down dramatically. so I think I've got to do it this way. I'm super bummed because I really love my jail broken iPhone 4 it had been so great. I will always use an iPhone as long as I have a phone.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I can wait definitely. I just hope it does cause I can't handle not having an iPhone ,it's such an integral part of my life.it's just hard to tell from all the different rumors and speculation what's going to happen. Anyone else thought of doing this?

I can wait as well. I have an ATT version I plan to sell and it still looks like it just came out of the box. I took extra special care of it knowing full well I wouldn't be using it for 2 years. I have OCD, if the screen protector isn't on there just right I won't be able to sleep at night-and it's in a defender case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would do it for sure but I'm prob just going to give mine to my mom so that way I can FaceTime her but she always makes out on my upgrades I don't think she has ever had to go buy a new phone lol

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Rogers gives me the new contract price every year so I usually sell my old iPhone for $350-$450 and by the new one and renew my contract. So basically I get it for free (since I won't be leaving my carrier for a long time, so I'm not worried about contract length or cancellation).

MrMercedes

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. I just sold my 16gb for $400. I think I can wait for the 5 to come out?? I have an old Blackberry 8310 I am using in the mean time. Its a good phone for calls and the speakerphone is awesome but that's about it. The rest of it "Sucks Monkey Butt"! Come on Apple, you better come thru....And Hurry, I'm starting to get withdrawals :eek:

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I would advise against getting the new iPhone as soon as it is released. The new models inevitably have a few problems and bugs that take a bit to sort out. I waited until September of 2010 to get my 4, and I haven't had any display problems, proximity sensor issues, blue camera spots, or signal strength problems - all things early iPhone 4s suffered from.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I would advise against getting the new iPhone as soon as it is released. The new models inevitably have a few problems and bugs that take a bit to sort out. I waited until September of 2010 to get my 4, and I haven't had any display problems, proximity sensor issues, blue camera spots, or signal strength problems - all things early iPhone 4s suffered from.

Uh.. I got mine on the first day and had zero problems, nor did any of my friends who also got theirs on release day. Even if I did have problems, I could've easily waited a few weeks for availability and then gone to the Apple store and had them fixed / had it replaced. The biggest problem I've found in iPhone 4 is that taking a picture indoors often results in a green tinge towards the center of the image, and this problem has still not been resolved (and it's on EVERY iPhone 4).

So, you either get it right away and take a chance that there might be a tiny problem which can be resolved in a few weeks, leaving you with an otherwise working device, or you wait a few months, during which you could have been enjoying a brand new iPhone and all the cool apps coming out that leverage the new features. :p

Spdracer

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Sold my iPhone 4 for $400. Using my spare 3GS until the 5 comes out. Wanted to get maximum dollar for the 4 since price is sure to drop after the 5 comes out.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't agree .. I think apple has by far the best warranty coverage and customer service out there. If there is a issue they will help resolve it. Of course there are always a few bad eggs out there but in general I believe that Apple takes great pride in delivering a great customer experience. I am again going to buy my iPhone on launch day as I have with 3 other models.

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Dude I worked for a major retail corporate company for over 5 years(guitar center) and I was a high ranking manager at my store, I had to deal with a lot if not all of the customer service issues or dropped balls etc and at guitar center our number one priority is service and taking care of people which they all do very very well. Apple smokes guitar center AND pretty much every other company that sells products. Dude apple replaced 5 of my IPad 2's when I had the dreaded light bleed with out question. I even had a personal phone call from corporate handling my case and they took better care of me than I could have asked for. So I will definitely be in line over night when and IF they release an iPhone 5 this year no question, and will be confident that if I've got issues with my new phone they will take care of it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Dude I worked for a major retail corporate company for over 5 years(guitar center) and I was a high ranking manager at my store, I had to deal with a lot if not all of the customer service issues or dropped balls etc and at guitar center our number one priority is service and taking care of people which they all do very very well. Apple smokes guitar center AND pretty much every other company that sells products. Dude apple replaced 5 of my IPad 2's when I had the dreaded light bleed with out question. I even had a personal phone call from corporate handling my case and they took better care of me than I could have asked for. So I will definitely be in line over night when and IF they release an iPhone 5 this year no question, and will be confident that if I've got issues with my new phone they will take care of it.

That is a manufacture issue they should have fixed it no questions any company would do that lol. I had 5 thunderbolts and each with a different issue and htc replaced them no problem. That is just how companies work.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I also got my iPhone 4 on launch day and had zero roblems. So like everyone has said it's luck of the draw whether you get a phone that passed the tolerance bu has problems. If you do get one it doesn't matter just exchange it when you can and use it until you get a replacement.

I have been contemplatin selling mine in anticipation for the 5. However I have someone waiting to take it off my hands for a good price, once I get the 5. It's pretty much brand new since it's been in a Defender case with a screen protector since day one. It's also th 32GB factory unlocked model which means I can sell it to anyone with any carrier. If th price drops big time I'll just keep th 4.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2