I'm new here.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I don't really know where I would put this thread at. But anyway, I need your guys help. I have an Android phone right now and I cannot stand it. I end up using my iPod Touch 4G more when I have wifi. So I really want to get an iPhone and I can't wait for the iPhone 5 to come out. The only thing is, I have Sprint. And I know that there is rumors going around that the iPhone will be available on Sprint come this fall. But it might not be the "iPhone 5", it could be the "iPhone 4S". So I have a couple questions..

1. What will be the differences from the 4S and the i5? Will I be missing out on the whole iOS5 experience? Because I don't want that.

2. If the iPhone doesn't come to Sprint, can I just buy a non-activated iPhone 5 and activate it on Sprint? Because I'll be crushed if I cannot get a iPhone this fall and have to get another Android phone for two years.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums...

1. No one knows... Apple has not announced anything... no one will know what is being released until Apple announces whatever they are going to announce.

2. Probably not. Both Verizon and Sprint have pretty strict policies about what equipment can be activated on their networks - and it's basically limited to devices that are/were sold by them.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where you are in your contract with Sprint, but if you cannot wait (and don't want to stay on Sprint) you can always pay what you have left on your ETF (Early Termination Fee) if it's worth getting out of your contract and sell your phone on eBay/Craigslist to defer the cost . But as Hank said no one knows for sure about the iPhone release. If you can hold out for another month I believe more solid info will be available...hopefully. :)

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My contract ends in about two months but the only thing is, I'm only sixteen and I'm on a family plan with my parents. So I would have to pay for the monthly bill if I was to get rid of sprint. And Verizon doesn't really work well where I live.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My contract ends in about two months but the only thing is, I'm only sixteen and I'm on a family plan with my parents. So I would have to pay for the monthly bill if I was to get rid of sprint. And Verizon doesn't really work well where I live.

Hate to break it to ya kid, but at 16, you're probably stuck with Sprint, because if your parents have any sense at all, they're not going to go co-sign onto a contract with AT&T or Verizon just so you can have an iPhone and pay more monthly (since you'll then be out of the family plan and, in turn, be charged more for service). I won't even get into the opinion i have of parents buying a high schooler an expensive smart phone...suffice to say, Sprint is most likely your home for the next several years.

Get used to Sprint, go find a Sprint board where they have successfully ported over iPhones and find out what it takes to do so, then buy yourself an iPhone off eBay or Craigslist or something.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hate to break it to ya kid, but at 16, you're probably stuck with Sprint, because if your parents have any sense at all, they're not going to go co-sign onto a contract with AT&T or Verizon just so you can have an iPhone and pay more monthly (since you'll then be out of the family plan and, in turn, be charged more for service). I won't even get into the opinion i have of parents buying a high schooler an expensive smart phone...suffice to say, Sprint is most likely your home for the next several years.

Get used to Sprint, go find a Sprint board where they have successfully ported over iPhones and find out what it takes to do so, then buy yourself an iPhone off eBay or Craigslist or something.

When you say "Sprint board", what exactly do you mean?

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
You could convince your parents to switch to AT&T or Verizon and they could have new iPhones as well.

Yea and you could use the argument that data is $5 less on att so they would save $15 per month if you all have data packages... Not that you should be arguing with your parents ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. I bit the bullet, paid my early termination and got an iPhone. Haven't looked back yet.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds good, but the OP already stated that he's only 16... can't legally enter a contract... and the issue would be one of lobbying his parents to let him leave the family plan and take on a new plan with a different provider...

NINnerd

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I came here to post the same thread.

I'm new-ish to these forums, but I've been on the Palm/HP forums since the Pre came out. That's what I have now.

I'm switching to Verizon soon, and I'm still going back and forth between iPhone and Android. But more than that, I'm wondering if there is any point to waiting for an iPhone5. From what you guys have heard, will it be all that different? I know you say you can't know for sure. But what are some rumors?

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I came here to post the same thread.

I'm new-ish to these forums, but I've been on the Palm/HP forums since the Pre came out. That's what I have now.

I'm switching to Verizon soon, and I'm still going back and forth between iPhone and Android. But more than that, I'm wondering if there is any point to waiting for an iPhone5. From what you guys have heard, will it be all that different? I know you say you can't know for sure. But what are some rumors?

Thanks!

Take a look at all the posts in this forum...you'll see all the rumors and they are repeated 1,000 times over.

NINnerd

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at all the posts in this forum...you'll see all the rumors and they are repeated 1,000 times over.

Well, I looked, but I didn't see anything specific. Mostly random pictures of prototypes and info on a notification light. I am more interested if it's worth waiting for or if I should just get the iPhone4.

Thanks.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, I looked, but I didn't see anything specific. Mostly random pictures of prototypes and info on a notification light. I am more interested if it's worth waiting for or if I should just get the iPhone4.

Thanks.

*HEAD. DESK.*

Nobody knows if it's worth waiting because nobody knows what the new iPhone will have, and then whether or not it's worth waiting still comes down to your personal preference.

I will tell you though with absolutely, 100% certainty, it is worth waiting for the announcement (likely in a week or so) so you can see for yourself if it's worth waiting or not for the device. Then you can see if it's worth waiting in line, or if it's worth waiting a few weeks until it's more readily available. Then you can wait and see if it's worth waiting for the white version to be available.

Nevermind... :)

NINnerd

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I will tell you though with absolutely, 100% certainty, it is worth waiting for the announcement (likely in a week or so) so you can see for yourself if it's worth waiting or not for the device.

This is actually exactly what I needed to know. I had no idea there would most likely be an announcement in a week.

Thanks. Sorry you head-desked. ;)

(In all seriousness, I just have a jam-packed schedule, so it's been hard to spend a lot of time online. Thank you.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro