View Poll Results: Will you upgrade?
- 183. You may not vote on this poll
- 09-08-2011, 05:43 PM #151
The front camera does suck though.....
- 09-08-2011, 06:25 PM #152
- 09-08-2011, 06:27 PM #153
- 09-08-2011, 07:42 PM #154
- 09-08-2011, 09:00 PM #155
- 09-08-2011, 10:39 PM #156
- 09-08-2011, 11:14 PM #157iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
I'll stick With my two year contract with Verizon and wait for the iPhone 5 because rumors are the new one will be the 4s.....
- 09-09-2011, 12:05 AM #158iPhone Nanite
- 6 Posts
Heck yea! Can't wait
- 09-09-2011, 08:56 AM #159
- 09-09-2011, 06:14 PM #160
Dropped and broke the screen and back on my iPhone 4 this last Monday...so had to use my early upgrade(?) on a 3GS model to hold me over until the iP5 drops. I'll exchange the 3GS for the iP5!
Hopefully, it drops within my 30-day return window...or I'm screwed.
Is the release date really Oct.7?
- 09-09-2011, 07:10 PM #161
- 09-09-2011, 07:16 PM #162
- 09-09-2011, 07:37 PM #163
- 09-09-2011, 07:41 PM #164
- 09-10-2011, 02:04 PM #165
It must include LTE (Verizon) and 64GB of storage. Apple cannot rely solely on iCloud storage for music and other media content to be streamed from unless they think users are willing to be tied down to WiFi only world. Data plans are becoming way too restrictive and pricey, how long before you burn thru your 2GB data plan on AT&T or Verizon and get hit with overages?
- 09-10-2011, 03:10 PM #166
I'm on the fence about the iPhone 5. I just wish they would hurry up and have the announcement! If it is just a minor upgrade from the iP4 I will probably go with a SGS2 this time and get the iP6 next year. I was due for an upgrade in July and it seems almost un-American not to use it even though I have a perfectly functioning 4! I'm hoping for a bump in screen size, even if its just to 3.7 (although 4 would be perfect, its unlikely) and also NFC. LTE is no biggie to me because I'm usually on wifi anyway. By the time there is LTE where I live, the iP6 will be out anyway (if not 7 or 8)!
- 09-12-2011, 01:30 AM #167iPhone Newbie
- 13 Posts
Rather not, I don't think that iPhone five will be worth it. A jump between normal display and retina was significant enough to upgrade, but I just can't think of anything that they can bring to iPhone 5 to make me want it badly enough to upgrade.
- 09-12-2011, 03:54 PM #168
- 09-13-2011, 12:17 PM #169
- 09-13-2011, 12:27 PM #170
My 3GS is having issues and I fear that it may die completely someday in the not too distant future. I want to see what the 5 is like and see how the 4 pricing drops and then decide. I've been holding off for at least a year now; I'm ready for an upgrade of some sort!!
- 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM #171iMore Intermediate
- 222 Posts
My husband and I are still on dumb phones that we absolutely despise. As soon as the new iPhone comes out, we'll be breaking our contract with Verizon and getting ATT iPhones. It can't happen soon enough!!
- 09-14-2011, 09:15 AM #172
- 09-14-2011, 11:02 AM #173
- 09-14-2011, 04:46 PM #174
- 09-15-2011, 08:44 PM #175
I have come to the simple conclusion of yes, which is an upgrade from maybe. I had to accept the fact that we won't see LTE (battery life) or 64GB storage (they want to sell iPod Touches) and the apps I want to use and already own 100+ or so means an iPhone is my choice. Now I just need to get my full retail 32GB White (or 64GB if they do make one) ordered before the first Verizon orders sell out.
Never actually owned a white phone before, and not sure why but I figured why not.