My Thoughts on the Design of the iPhone 5

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess so but I don't think I grip my phone hard enough to do that. But anyway, it's never gonna happen as much as I might want it to...

has nothing to do with gripping it hard but when you put your hand around the back your fingers could accidentally brush against it.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
has nothing to do with gripping it hard but when you put your hand around the back your fingers could accidentally brush against it.

But think about it, you probably brush up against your home button now and it isn't pressed accidentally... it wouldn't be any easier to press down if it were on the back. You guys really don't like the idea of having it on the back do you? lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But think about it, you probably brush up against your home button now and it isn't pressed accidentally... it wouldn't be any easier to press down if it were on the back. You guys really don't like the idea of having it on the back do you? lol

What I don't get it moving the button to the back for no obvious benefit. And with rumors of replacing the button altogether with a capacitive strip of some sort, this discussion make no sense. But that's just my opinion...

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
What I don't get it moving the button to the back for no obvious benefit. And with rumors of replacing the button altogether with a capacitive strip of some sort, this discussion make no sense. But that's just my opinion...

Well there is obvious benefit as I already stated... no home button on the front=less bezel=bigger screen and to me, thats beneficial. And no it doesn't make sense because it's never gonna happen but its still an interesting conversation to have :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well there is obvious benefit as I already stated... no home button on the front=less bezel=bigger screen and to me, thats beneficial. And no it doesn't make sense because it's never gonna happen but its still an interesting conversation to have :)

Why need one on the back if you increase the screen size why not make it virtual? I mean going by your logic you want a bigger screen and a virtual one would allow for that and then you could disable it if you wanted to not have it at all.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Why need one on the back if you increase the screen size why not make it virtual? I mean going by your logic you want a bigger screen and a virtual one would allow for that and then you could disable it if you wanted to not have it at all.

Well this doesn't really make sense... For one thing a virtual home button wouldn't feel as good as a physical one.

And if you increase the screen size and get rid of the home button then put a virtual home button on it then it isn't a true bigger screen it's just a altered home button... in addition, it would be very difficult to design a UI where the picture on the screen would increase in size when the virtual home button is disabled AND no app developers would account for this so a lot of the time you would just have a black circle at the bottom of you're screen and I don't think that would look very nice

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well this doesn't really make sense... For one thing a virtual home button wouldn't feel as good as a physical one.

And if you increase the screen size and get rid of the home button then put a virtual home button on it then it isn't a true bigger screen it's just a altered home button... in addition, it would be very difficult to design a UI where the picture on the screen would increase in size when the virtual home button is disabled AND no app developers would account for this so a lot of the time you would just have a black circle at the bottom of you're screen and I don't think that would look very nice

Sort of how the button on the back wouldn't look very nice either. They aren't going to change how the iphone looks because then they would go against what all the apple loyal know it as and may get confused. Not to mention then they couldn't try and sue everyone.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Sort of how the button on the back wouldn't look very nice either. They aren't going to change how the iphone looks because then they would go against what all the apple loyal know it as and may get confused. Not to mention then they couldn't try and sue everyone.

Well, yea. I've already stated myself that it isn't going to happen...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

It would be incredibly difficult to push that button on the back, especially if you are using the device with one hand, like most of us do 95% of the time.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
It would be incredibly difficult to push that button on the back, especially if you are using the device with one hand, like most of us do 95% of the time.

Fair enough but guys I think you're taking me too seriously. I've already said a couple times that it won't ever happen. I was just saying that I though it would be a really radical and cool design... just my opinion

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Moving on from the home button on the back, I just hope Apple changed the position of the antenna so we won't have the signal drop issue with the new iPhone.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Moving on from the bottom on the back, I just hope Apple changed the position of the antenna so we won't have the signal drop issue with the new iPhone.

I'm betting that Apple learned a valuable lesson with the iPhone 4 and the antenna. They will not repeat that mistake again. Guaranteed.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm betting that Apple learned a valuable lesson with the iPhone 4 and the antenna. They will not repeat that mistake again. Guaranteed.

We can only hope so. I would have thought that the CDMA iPhone would have had it corrected before it came out. Same problem, though.

---

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
We can only hope so. I would have thought that the CDMA iPhone would have had it corrected before it came out. Same problem, though.

---

Yeah well apple just swept it under the rug and figured if they made something up their loyal fanboys would think nothing of it but it backfired when the media got ahold of it.

p8ntball8

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Well let me ask you guys something. Has anyone seen an iPhone 5? This radio station in New York claims to have one their giving away before everyone else and this is the link below showing what looks like a very slim iPhone. Just curious if you guys/gals saw any glimpse of it yet or could this be it?

HOT 97 IS HIP HOP AND R&B

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well let me ask you guys something. Has anyone seen an iPhone 5? This radio station in New York claims to have one their giving away before everyone else and this is the link below showing what looks like a very slim iPhone. Just curious if you guys/gals saw any glimpse of it yet or could this be it?

HOT 97 IS HIP HOP AND R&B

Idk about all that. I dont understand how they would get one before anyone else. Probably fake.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site