This guy is saying Apple will release THREE new phones...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
AliensWanted - my tech life: Steve Jobs will have more than 'One More Thing' to announce next month - there will be THREE new iPhone models released

Never heard of him and he may well be a crackpot... but this is what he is saying:

Steve Jobs will have more than 'One More Thing' to announce next month - there will be THREE new iPhone models released
I believe that Apple is going to launch an all-out assault on the market in September/October.

Three new iPhone models. Yes, I said three.

This is the primary reason that a new iPhone was not launched on schedule.....there's more than one. Makes perfect sense.

Here they are, in order.

iPhone 4S $49 on contract (with possibly $350 off contract as a pre-paid phone)

iPhone 5 $99 on contract (possibly $149)

iPhone 5HD $199 on contract

Here?s my take and why I believe this is the truth.

He goes on with photos and his reasoning... interesting reading, if nothing else...

Last edited:

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
You know, there's so much speculation going on, and Apple is being so "tight lipped" that nothing would surprise me. Lol!

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Too much saturation and could fragment the OS a little much to bring in such different devices. I could see a cheaper iPhone and the iPhone 5 if nonetheless though.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Too much saturation and could fragment the OS a little much to bring in such different devices. I could see a cheaper iPhone and the iPhone 5 if nonetheless though.

I doubt fragmentation would be an issue...you're still talking 3 iPhones running the same version of iOS, and with the frequency in which Apple updates (majorly), three handsets would probably not cause any kind of legitimate fragmentation...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
We should start a TiPb rumor that there will be 20 different iPhones...and make a legit story behind it, lol.

Lulz.

He lost me at iPhone 5 HD. I can see the iPhone 4S with plastic/polymer instead of glass and naturally the iPhone 5.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm AliensWanted. I wrote that blog. Do I claim to have insider knowledge? No, I simply see things progress and read without bias. All signs point to three models.

Actually that's not true. There are signs that point to there possibly being two more models but definitely not three. Apple always knows what there going to do next. They most likely knew what the iPhone 5 was going to be when they released the iPhone 4. With all of their products they just one up themselves without releasing everything they possibly can so that they can stay ahead of the game. It just wouldnt make sense for them to release three iPhones at one time...

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I doubt fragmentation would be an issue...you're still talking 3 iPhones running the same version of iOS, and with the frequency in which Apple updates (majorly), three handsets would probably not cause any kind of legitimate fragmentation...

The logic behind offerings three handsets is choice, something Apple has not provided and every one of their competitors has....and now they are seeing the reality of it.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually that's not true. There are signs that point to there possibly being two more models but definitely not three. Apple always knows what there going to do next. They most likely knew what the iPhone 5 was going to be when they released the iPhone 4. With all of their products they just one up themselves without releasing everything they possibly can so that they can stay ahead of the game. It just wouldnt make sense for them to release three iPhones at one time...

Actually, three. There are too many reports stating the iPhone 5 will have the same sized display and other reports through multiple sources stating a larger sized model exists, so much so that cases are being manufactured.

We've seen the plastic faced one. That's the 4S. Then the 5 model is stated to be the same casing, possibly being tapered but sharing the same footprint (save for depth/tapering) and then larger dimensioned models..

Google it. That's how I found everything I did....and I vetted the information through various sources to ensure it wasn't the same story being repeated.

It's all out there.

Does having three models upset people here or something? I think it's a GREAT idea, one that would make me consider an iPhone. Currently, I hate the smaller screen size - I use an Inspire with a 4.3" screen and I am spoiled by that screen size, so if Apple decided to offer larger displays, they're catering to the crowd that cannot and will not move to Apple due to that one fact alone.

You can't tell me that Steve Jobs isn't considering this. He's too smart..

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Actually, three. There are too many reports stating the iPhone 5 will have the same sized display and other reports through multiple sources stating a larger sized model exists, so much so that cases are being manufactured.

We've seen the plastic faced one. That's the 4S. Then the 5 model is stated to be the same casing, possibly being tapered but sharing the same footprint (save for depth/tapering) and then larger dimensioned models..

Google it. That's how I found everything I did....and I vetted the information through various sources to ensure it wasn't the same story being repeated.

It's all out there.

Does having three models upset people here or something? I think it's a GREAT idea, one that would make me consider an iPhone. Currently, I hate the smaller screen size - I use an Inspire with a 4.3" screen and I am spoiled by that screen size, so if Apple decided to offer larger displays, they're catering to the crowd that cannot and will not move to Apple due to that one fact alone.

You can't tell me that Steve Jobs isn't considering this. He's too smart..

No, having three models doesn't upset people here. If that were true no one would be upset, the problem is that you're spreading false information. For one thing, you can't believe everything you read on the internet...
And your reasoning behind the 4s and the 5 is somewhat reasonable and credible but it isn't definite. And you're idea about the "larger dimensioned models" is false because you have to look no further than the threads on this website to find that there credible sources stating that there will not be an iPhone with a larger screen. So, please before you read another false source and write an article about it, do some more research and make sure you're not spreading false information.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No, having three models doesn't upset people here. If that were true no one would be upset, the problem is that you're spreading false information. For one thing, you can't believe everything you read on the internet...
And your reasoning behind the 4s and the 5 is somewhat reasonable and credible but it isn't definite. And you're idea about the "larger dimensioned models" is false because you have to look no further than the threads on this website to find that there credible sources stating that there will not be an iPhone with a larger screen. So, please before you read another false source and write an article about it, do some more research and make sure you're not spreading false information.

No offense, but you know more of what Steve Jobs is going to do than I do? None of us do, so I am simply speculating based upon the various (and I do mean various and multiple) sources I retrieve information from. I am not stating a fact, merely my opinion, which is based on many different sources from all sorts of locations.

I check first, post second.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but you know more of what Steve Jobs is going to do than I do? None of us do, so I am simply speculating based upon the various (and I do mean various and multiple) sources I retrieve information from. I am not stating a fact, merely my opinion, which is based on many different sources from all sorts of locations.

I check first, post second.

And all sorts of locations like what? the internet and uhhh what else? And you're not speaking like its your opinion you are indeed making it seem like you have facts. As for the fact that you "check first, post second" I would like to make a suggestion, check harder, check again, then write an article suggesting what you think might happen.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
And all sorts of locations like what? the internet and uhhh what else? And you're not speaking like its your opinion you are indeed making it seem like you have facts. As for the fact that you "check first, post second" I would like to make a suggestion, check harder, check again, then write an article suggesting what you think might happen.

If you read the article at the top it says that it is just his thoughts. Also through out the article it lists sources on how he came to his opinions. It was a good read, and there is no reason to bash him. He actually didn't even start the thread, so he may not even planned on it getting into tipb. And for the record, I hope he is right. It does make sense if apple does do that. I'm not saying I believe him. Just saying no one knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If you read the article at the top it says that it is just his thoughts. Also through out the article it lists sources on how he came to his opinions. It was a good read, and there is no reason to bash him. He actually didn't even start the thread, so he may not even planned on it getting into tipb. And for the record, I hope he is right. It does make sense if apple does do that. I'm not saying I believe him. Just saying no one knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

As I state all along in the blog, it is my opinion and nothing more. I simply see things very clearly and I see that there will be three phones and if I am wrong it won't bother me.

I was a longtime Blackberry user, now an Android user and considering webOS and iOS....I am shopping ecosystems. I am all about the purity of the experience and so far, no one makes the perfect OS.

Here's hoping :)

And thank you to those who took the time to read the blog, hopefully you found it something worth reading. I try to write from a device agnostic point of view.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

My article very clearly states what I think will happen. It is all my opinion and postulation based upon everything I reference in the article.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711