This guy is saying Apple will release THREE new phones...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
what are the rumors on whether the iphone5 will be 4G or LTE? Is it more likely to be 3G?

Probably 3g only although some are saying because they installed lte in apple stores that it will have it. Apple wants to be all about thin and good battery life and lte would make it thicker and takes a toll on battery.

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I really can't argue with you because you can not hold a concept.

The prototyping machines were not used for prototyping the iPhone 4, they were used for the actual manufacturing of the iPhone 4 (and still are). Clearly you are the one who needs to do your homework.

I'm not interested in responding to you anymore.

Also, 'simply can not compete', and yet it does compete, very strongly might I add. Apple has a higher market share than any one manufacturer.

Um, okay.

Marketshare per manufacturer is an irrelevant statistic to elevate the iPhone so you feel better. Android is beating the CRAP out of Apple, as an OS, period. Do you not read? Stop being a fanboi and see it for what it is. I am not trying to be negative. I am stating facts.

I am not bashing Apple, either, I hope you see that. I am stating that the time to step up is now.

Where did you get your facts from regarding the prototypes?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Um, okay.

Marketshare per manufacturer is an irrelevant statistic to elevate the iPhone so you feel better. Android is beating the CRAP out of Apple, as an OS, period. Do you not read? Stop being a fanboi and see it for what it is. I am not trying to be negative. I am stating facts.

I am not bashing Apple, either, I hope you see that. I am stating that the time to step up is now.

Where did you get your facts from regarding the prototypes?

So you base your argument that Android is "beating the crap" out of Apple because they have slapped their OS on a hundred thousand different phones across the market, giving them the also quite irrelevant statistic of having the most phones on the market? Are you kidding?

I mean that's really the only real argument you could be making because you said you were "stating facts", and arguing that the OS is better than iOS would be purely...PURELY...an opinionated stance, and nothing reflective of a "fact".

I use an Android based phone nearly every day...and i wouldn't have it over even an iPhone 3GS. The operating system is clunky, clumsy and unpolished...it has a whole bunch of WOW factor on the home screen with widgets and a big clock, but there's nothing there that draws me away from my clean and polished iOS iPhone 4...NOTHING.

So what is better? The camera certainly isn't, my iPhone's camera takes an infinitely better quality picture. You can keep SD card memory, partitioning stuff on a card that can fail (and mine has) is not my forte. Larger screen? lol...still doesn't hold a candle to the retina displays quality, and destroys the battery (its sad how much less battery time the android gets, literally staggeringly less, even with tweaks to extend battery life). Android app store? LMFAO...right, it reminds me of the old Windows mobile OS store or the Sprint music, store, lol.

I could keep going, but i won't...because honestly, its an opinion of mine (did you see that? OPINION) that the iPhone is the better phone. And that leads me back to your post about Android beating the crap out of Apple right now...is that your opinion? If so, that's fine with me...we all have preference. But don't come in here pretending its fact...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
AliensWanted
If you want to talk about OS market share, you need to consider the fact that iPod touches are not counted in these smartphone OS marketshare charts. There are around 50 million iPod touches out there, capable of using all the same apps as the iPhone. That's what matters to developers. Not to mention more than 20 million iPads out there, ready to use these apps as well. I work in this industry, I work with developers every day, and I know what I'm talking about. The money is in iOS and most developers are not even considering making Android their main platform. Why do you think most Android port apps suck? Why is the overall quality of Android apps worse? There is no money in making Android apps.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
AliensWanted
If you want to talk about OS market share, you need to consider the fact that iPod touches are not counted in these smartphone OS marketshare charts. There are around 50 million iPod touches out there, capable of using all the same apps as the iPhone. That's what matters to developers. Not to mention more than 20 million iPads out there, ready to use these apps as well. I work in this industry, I work with developers every day, and I know what I'm talking about. The money is in iOS and most developers are not even considering making Android their main platform. Why do you think most Android port apps suck? Why is the overall quality of Android apps worse? There is no money in making Android apps.

I agree there is alot of ipods and ipads but no money in android? There is plenty of money in android and most of the main apps work just as well as the IOS counter parts although I will agree that many of the apps in android suck. But you can't honestly say there is no money to be made in android just because there are some bad apps.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree there is alot of ipods and ipads but no money in android? There is plenty of money in android and most of the main apps work just as well as the IOS counter parts although I will agree that many of the apps in android suck. But you can't honestly say there is no money to be made in android just because there are some bad apps.

Oh there's plenty of money to be made in the android market, just as there is plenty of money to be made with the Windows phone market (if Microsoft actually sticks to something legitimately this time with these handsets)...but the cash cow is Apple, no question about it.

The difference between a big, popular, cross market app is not the performance, but the volume of user purchase...Angry Birds unquestionably runs the same on an Android based phone as it does on an iOS device, but more people are spending money on it using an iOS device, so when companies on the fence about cross marketing on multiple platforms, the automatic choice is iOS...every single time. Apple provides developers with more safe guards against copy cat developers, Apple provides better numbers (which equal better sales), they have a no non-sense way of submitting apps (as well as a well polished way)...and as far as I've read, an overwhelming majority of developers are happy with the way Apple handles their software.

It's like everything else in the Apple world...further polish. It applies to everything in their lineup...from MacBooks to iPods, while the competition may have features that you won't get on Apple products, some people just prefer a more refined experience.

It's like with cars...i have an M3, which quite honestly is nothing incredible as far as technology goes, its a well balanced car with a hell of an engine...then you have cars like the Nissan GTR, incredibly fast and chalk full of technology. In the market of cars, a new M3 and a GTR are in relatively similar markets...and while the Nissan offers me feature lists a mile long and proven performance in certain areas that rival cars 10 times as much money...i prefer the drive in the BMW...its feels more balanced...more refined, like an extra element of effort was put into it.

The GTR is a fine car and all...the PERFECT car for some people in fact, but its not for me, in fact...its far from it for me. This speaks a mirrored tale about my preference for the iPhone (and most Apple products at that).

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well angry birds is free on android because they use ads to get revenue. But like you said it is all a preference to what each individual will like or want.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

Look at the numbers. The Android app store is growing insanely fast, but Apple still holds 82% of ALL PROFITS made in mobile applications!

You have it backwards, it's not that there's no money because the apps suck, the apps suck because there's no money to be made. So companies don't put a lot of resources into Android development, because the return is very low.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So you base your argument that Android is "beating the crap" out of Apple because they have slapped their OS on a hundred thousand different phones across the market, giving them the also quite irrelevant statistic of having the most phones on the market? Are you kidding?

I mean that's really the only real argument you could be making because you said you were "stating facts", and arguing that the OS is better than iOS would be purely...PURELY...an opinionated stance, and nothing reflective of a "fact".

I use an Android based phone nearly every day...and i wouldn't have it over even an iPhone 3GS. The operating system is clunky, clumsy and unpolished...it has a whole bunch of WOW factor on the home screen with widgets and a big clock, but there's nothing there that draws me away from my clean and polished iOS iPhone 4...NOTHING.

So what is better? The camera certainly isn't, my iPhone's camera takes an infinitely better quality picture. You can keep SD card memory, partitioning stuff on a card that can fail (and mine has) is not my forte. Larger screen? lol...still doesn't hold a candle to the retina displays quality, and destroys the battery (its sad how much less battery time the android gets, literally staggeringly less, even with tweaks to extend battery life). Android app store? LMFAO...right, it reminds me of the old Windows mobile OS store or the Sprint music, store, lol.

I could keep going, but i won't...because honestly, its an opinion of mine (did you see that? OPINION) that the iPhone is the better phone. And that leads me back to your post about Android beating the crap out of Apple right now...is that your opinion? If so, that's fine with me...we all have preference. But don't come in here pretending its fact...

Dude, you'd think I shot your dog or something. Chill.....

I never said that Android was better, I said they are beating the crap out of Apple iPhone sales....and perhaps I should have clarified that.

Sales.

So the fact that anyone and their dog can use Android as an OS is still marketshare, even if it is a horrible phone.

Just speaking to growth and marketshare, not quality.

iOS is very elegant. I don't recall making any disparaging comments towards the OS itself. Please show me if I did and I will apologize.

Not bashing.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Dude, you'd think I shot your dog or something. Chill.....

I never said that Android was better, I said they are beating the crap out of Apple iPhone sales....and perhaps I should have clarified that.

Sales.

So the fact that anyone and their dog can use Android as an OS is still marketshare, even if it is a horrible phone.

Just speaking to growth and marketshare, not quality.

iOS is very elegant. I don't recall making any disparaging comments towards the OS itself. Please show me if I did and I will apologize.

Not bashing.

More Android phones on the market doesn't negate the fact that Apple accounts for 82% of all sales profits when it comes to mobile apps, and OS market share charts don't count iPads and iPod touch, which are both capable of purchasing applications. iOS is still the best place to be for developers, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
AliensWanted

Man, you guys are getting defensive....which is somewhat of an issue I have with any fanboy. I am simply discussing my viewpoints and not trying to start anything here, so please, relax.

I never stated anything negative about the products, in fact, Apple makes the nicest and most well-built products out there. Please, show me where I made a negative comment.

I haven't. I haven't attacked anyone directly.

Just relax, grab a beer and chill.

Apple's ecosystem is spectacular.

Jello, I was discussing the iPhone not the iPod Touch or anything else, so please stay on topic.

Thanks. :)

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Look at the numbers. The Android app store is growing insanely fast, but Apple still holds 82% of ALL PROFITS made in mobile applications!

You have it backwards, it's not that there's no money because the apps suck, the apps suck because there's no money to be made. So companies don't put a lot of resources into Android development, because the return is very low.

Actually, you are incorrect.

There is one iPhone, with one set of rules...that's it. Android has no rules, has a ridiculous number of handsets and lots of incompatibilities.

That's the problem. But there are a greater number of users.

Google is reigning in the issue of fragmentation, and soon we will see less and less differentiation between handsets and more control over who has what version number. They realize that mistake.

Apple did it right, but Android didn't do it wrong, just differently.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
More Android phones on the market doesn't negate the fact that Apple accounts for 82% of all sales profits when it comes to mobile apps, and OS market share charts don't count iPads and iPod touch, which are both capable of purchasing applications. iOS is still the best place to be for developers, and that's not going to change any time soon.

That once again is because more apps are paid than free in IOS. Android apps rely more on ad revenue then pricing their apps that way.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Man, you guys are getting defensive....which is somewhat of an issue I have with any fanboy. I am simply discussing my viewpoints and not trying to start anything here, so please, relax.

I never stated anything negative about the products, in fact, Apple makes the nicest and most well-built products out there. Please, show me where I made a negative comment.

Jello, I was discussing the iPhone not the iPod Touch or anything else, so please stay on topic.

The guy looks like he is 15 he probably can't legally buy a beer yet=P

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The guy looks like he is 15 he probably can't legally buy a beer yet=P

Good point.

Have a root beer, then. Just chill, man, no one is attacking you....that's what he needs to know. I am agnostic to an OS, whoever someone wants they should get.

Not my worry.

I simply am saying the Apple will release three new iPhones this/next month.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh yes let's have some personal insults. That really proves how mature you are over me.

With all due respect, I am not 15, I could buy beer if I chose to, although I wouldn't. (Oh, and even if I were 15, that would not make my opinions any less valid than yours, and my ability or inability to buy alcohol holds no bearing on that either.)

I actually have enough balls to put a picture of myself in my avatar, because I'm not afraid of what people will have to say about me.

Now, with regards to these issues, I actually work in this industry. I lead development of several applications on multiple platforms. I am a UI/UX designer and have conceptualized and designed several mobile applications on iOS, Android, and WP7. I am willing to bet (and have proven) that I know far more than either of you about this subject.

Can you guys please stop double posting as well? Thanks.

Reactions: riley9dy

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes let's have some personal insults. That really proves how mature you are over me.

With all due respect, I am not 15, I could buy beer if I chose to, although I wouldn't. (Oh, and even if I were 15, that would not make my opinions any less valid than yours, and my ability or inability to buy alcohol holds no bearing on that either.)

I actually have enough balls to put a picture of myself in my avatar, because I'm not afraid of what people will have to say about me.

Now, with regards to these issues, I actually work in this industry. I lead development of several applications on multiple platforms. I am a UI/UX designer and have conceptualized and designed several mobile applications on iOS, Android, and WP7. I am willing to bet (and have proven) that I know far more than either of you about this subject.

Can you guys please stop double posting as well? Thanks.

You have my picture, and my information, on my website that is listed here in this thread. No one was bashing you, but you aren't acting as mature as you probably could be, so there is that. Did I bash Apple? No. In fact, I gave high praise to Apple and to Steve Jobs. I think Apple is a great company.

I restrained myself, you let loose a little, and defensively I might add.

So take a pill, chill out and let it go. Hell, I didn't even start this thread, but I am the author it references.

As for your credentials, that's great, but no one is comparing themselves except you.

I thought you said you were done replying to me? Be true to your word. I have been since the beginning.

If it matters to you, I was in the industry probably before you were born.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Ok I'm just gonna be quite honest, if you "have a problem with fanboys" then you obviously don't realize that you are on an iPhone forum.... So I'm gonna let you in on something, nearly everyone here is what you would consider "a fanboy" and if you have a problem with fanboys you probably shouldn't be posting here...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Ok I'm just gonna be quite honest, if you "have a problem with fanboys" then you obviously don't realize that you are on an iPhone forum.... So I'm gonna let you in on something, nearly everyone here is what you would consider "a fanboy" and if you have a problem with fanboys you probably shouldn't be posting here...

Seriously. Go check out the rest of the internet. I just read a comment on YouTube that said:
"Android>Blackberry>Windows Phone7>Motorola Razr>Nokia Tracfone>dog ****>iPhone"

And it was a top-rated comment.

iPhone haters are more common in most online communities than iPhone owners, yet all they do is complain about iPhone "fanboys", constantly.