Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default The iPhone “Kyle $$$$ Natoli” could not be synced because the sync session failed to

im on ios 5 beta 3 and itunes beta 3. ive read that this could be cuased by a mismatch in beta software. does anyone know how to check your iphone beta firmware, and then your itunes beta version? or better yet a fix for this issue?

-Kyle Natoli
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Newbie

Default The iPhone “xxxxxxxx” could not be synced because the sync session failed to

Does anyone know how ti fix this problem? i have an iphone 4 verizon on ios 5 beta 3.

The iPhone “xxxxxxxx” could not be synced because the sync session failed to start."
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

First of all, update to beta 4, and make sure you have the matching iTunes beta.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,367 Global Posts

I've updated to beta 4 the day it was out and I had that same problem on my iPad. So upgrading to beta 4 is a good shot at getting rid of it and it's a better beta anyway. You may stillmend up with the issue, I did fix it once but I can't remember how I just haven't had time to fix it on my iPad yet. I'm going to take a look at it today and I'll tell you if I figure it out.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,367 Global Posts

I gotta ask did you try rebooting your phone and the computer? are you using a Mac or Windows? I connected this morning and had no problem syncing my iPad. The devices have both been rebooted since yesterday.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I gotta ask did you try rebooting your phone and the computer? are you using a Mac or Windows? I connected this morning and had no problem syncing my iPad. The devices have both been rebooted since yesterday.
    im on a mac and im rebooting the iphone right now, if that doesnt work i'll restart my mac as well
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

rebooted both mac and iphone no luck downloading ios 5 beta 4 ipsw and itunes dmg now