iOS5 question

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This may be a very stupid question, and if it is, I apologize in advance.

Are iOS5 beta versions available for non-developers? I am interested in trying it out, just to play with it, but I am not a developer. Is it accessible for me? Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This may be a very stupid question, and if it is, I apologize in advance.

Are iOS5 beta versions available for non-developers? I am interested in trying it out, just to play with it, but I am not a developer. Is it accessible for me? Thanks!

You can shell out $99 for the privilege... create a developer account and get access to it... but it's overkill IMHO... why pay $99 to get today what will be free in the near future? If you aren't a developer, the only answer is "status/ego", again IMHO.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You can shell out $99 for the privilege... create a developer account and get access to it... but it's overkill IMHO... why pay $99 to get today what will be free in the near future? If you aren't a developer, the only answer is "status/ego", again IMHO.

And you have to have a Mac, right?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm part of that status/ego!!! Love having it just because :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
its easier on a mac, but it can be done with pc, i don't think the new iTunes beta is out for pc yet, but i could be completely wrong

It's been "out" since Friday... the link was in the developer forums. It was placed on the iCloud downloads page (where the previous betas were) sometime Saturday morning. So if you're a developer, you've had access to it since Friday afternoon. If you're not a developer, you don't need it/should not have it anyway. (And don't shoot me for saying so - I didn't write the terms of service for the betas, Apple did.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73