Safari Force Closing In iOS Beta?

sbkillz#IM

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I recently installde iOS 5 beta 1 then Beta 2, and both times I installed one another I have not been able to get Safari to open. Everytime I tap Safari to open it just force closes.. It doesn't even get to load or even gives me the chance to type anything. Is there any fixes or solutions to this problem? I really wanna get back to iOS 5 with a working Safari.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
After you install the beta, are you restoring from a backup? I'm having no problems with Safari and haven't read of anyone else with the kind of problems you just described.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
There are several lingering issues with Safari that have bug reports. This isn't one of them. It must be something specific to your configuration. Sorry, restore it but don't use a backup. Try it for a few days. If it works, something with your backup. If it still has the same issues, something wonky on your phone.

sbkillz#IM

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I will try it without using a backup. What i'm doing is installing the beta then using a custom bundle through redsnow so I can get my cell signal and everything. But I will try it without the backup and describe my results later. Thank you.

sbkillz#IM

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't jailbreak the beta. I just used the custom bundle to get my cell signall and everything working. No UDID. I even tried putting the beta on my friends phone and she has the same problem. Safari just force closes.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Try a fresh restore to the beta. i restored from beta and this was a problem but it fixed itself after a clean install.

sbkillz#IM

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've gone from 4.2.9 to 5.0, then from 5.0 beta 1 to beta 2 and Safari still closes. I'll try again.. I'll try uninstalling every apple and itunes software then reinstall. I just dont get why Safari keeps closing.
I restore to 5.0 beta, then I use Redsnow to install a custom bundle so my cell and data works. Then everything is good besides Safari. Weird. Please help.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It seems like you've tried several things with no success. The best advice, stop using beta 3. Go back to iOS 4.x and try again with beta 4. Even then, it's no guarantee it'll work.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently installde iOS 5 beta 1 then Beta 2, and both times I installed one another I have not been able to get Safari to open. Everytime I tap Safari to open it just force closes.. It doesn't even get to load or even gives me the chance to type anything. Is there any fixes or solutions to this problem? I really wanna get back to iOS 5 with a working Safari.

This is an issue that I've had in betas 1-3 on my IPad 2. I've seen many others in various forums with the same issue, except Safari works for me, but will randomly close, like other apps do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2