My trip to the genius bar..

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday I had to take my iPhone 4 in because my back plate was moving a little and making a creaking noise. I handed it over to the genius, and she came back saying I needed a new screws, and that it should be good as new. She then told me how she noticed I was running iOS 5, asked me how I liked it, blah blah blah. Then I casually asked her when the new iPhone was coming out. I didn't expect a response, but she leaned a little closer, and said "it won't be out until december". So I probed further, and said that I was expecting it at the ipod touch launch in September, and she replied with "nope, it will be december". She seemed really confident, and sure. The way she said it didn't seem like it was a personal guess, but based on some sort of insider info. Take it for what it is, but it's still pretty interesting.

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... I got my gf a $300 apple gift card for her birthday so she could buy the white iPhone 4 with her upgrade in April. Then she said she wanted to wait until June. Then September. She's gonna be pissed if it's December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to post anything that i wasn't sure of, but i heard the same thing from my "inside guy". He's an Apple/Mac repairman who works for them. Well, it may be a merry Christmas after all!:D

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
These people don't know anymore than you, myself, or those silly "analysts". No way a lowly (in the company) Genius or repairman is in the know. If anything, report that Genius for speculating to a customer, which is against Apple policy and grounds for termination.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
These people don't know anymore than you, myself, or those silly "analysts". No way a lowly (in the company) Genius or repairman is in the know. If anything, report that Genius for speculating to a customer, which is against Apple policy and grounds for termination.

Why would I want to get someone fired? She was polite, and helped me out. Why would I turn around, and be a D*ck to someone for no reason? Especially when it is very hard to get a job right now.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Why would I want to get someone fired? Especially when it is very hard to get a job right now.

Because knowing how hard it is to get a job, it's essential you don't mess it up by doing something against company policy. Dog eat dog world. There are plenty in line who could step in that are qualified.

Anyways, this person has no clue on when things are coming out. It'll be out when it is.

Adhiboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Because knowing how hard it is to get a job, it's essential you don't mess it up by doing something against company policy. Dog eat dog world. There are plenty in line who could step in that are qualified.

Anyways, this person has no clue on when things are coming out. It'll be out when it is.

It amazes me how sure of yourself you sound, like you were there. OP said she said it confidently, like she was sure.

This isn't the first time I've heard December, but that makes me wonder if Apple will announce it in Sptember. Dammit, I was supposed to get my iPhone 5 in June!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Ghost. This is rubbish. They don't know when it is coming out and should be held accountable for misleading customers.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We asked a lady at the Apple genius bar back in March when the new iPhone was coming out and she said July in a very "certain" manner...she also told me that the thunderbolt hard drives would be available in April, lmao.

I put little to no stock in the "inside knowledge" of the Apple store employees.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Agreed. They don't have any inside info. And it is against company policy for any Apple store employee to speculate

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Aarrrgg! This is getting as painful as waiting for the white iPhone 4 was! Why would Apple want to drag this too far out from their usual June release time and risk people getting bored and upgrading to something else? I'm hoping they announce in August and release in September.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do not think Apple "wants" to drag it out by any means. however, i do think Apple "wants" to make sure they are going to release a great product and if that means we have to wait until September, October, November or December.. so be it

i am getting sick & tired of these rumors. i'm 'bout to start kicking my dog every time i read anything of the likes-Michael Vick style!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i do not think Apple "wants" to drag it out by any means. however, i do think Apple "wants" to make sure they are going to release a great product and if that means we have to wait until September, October, November or December.. so be it

i am getting sick & tired of these rumors. i'm 'bout to start kicking my dog every time i read anything of the likes-Michael Vick style!

I think the release to fall was on purpose by Apple. Could you imagine if Apple released a new iPhone just 4 months after Vzn released the i4? I blame the fall release on Vzn.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if a larger screen means loss of battery and retina display then HELL.NO.

now.. what i am really looking forward to is a status light--OMG! i cannot wait!! yipppeeee!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox