Apple TV Borked...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to load the iOS 5 beta 3 code on my AppleTV today - the load went well, and then when I connected it to my television, I kept getting the message that it was unable to activate.

After playing with it for about an hour, I decided to "fall back" to the latest publicly released version, per the instructions provided on the developers' site.

Now I get a 1604 error and it won't work with iOS 5 beta 3 and it won't let me roll it back... as pi$$ed as I am about this, I also wanted to warn any of you considering making the move... DON'T DO IT.

And FWIW, the developer forums are worthless when it comes to assistance with restoring. I only decided to "go for it" after I read in the instructions that it could be rolled back. So until iOS 5 goes GA, one of my Apple TV units is a paperweight.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Its been down for maybe 3 hours now. I just dont think it can activate if iTunes is down. I know at least for iPhones. Not sure about Apple TV

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind... please disregard. I forgot to register the UDID with Apple... so of course the beta would not activate. Still mildly miffed that I can't go back, despite what the instructions say. Maybe it will now that the beta 3 is activated/registered ... but either way, as long as it works, I'm good with the beta 3 release on this AppleTV.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2