Pricing of Iphone 5

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Dont think there will be a price increased until the LTE model comes out. For now, those LTE chips are expensive.

I would assume that the cost for LTE is already taken into account into their new data pricing plans as well as the cost co break the contract (up to $350).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would assume that the cost for LTE is already taken into account into their new data pricing plans as well as the cost co break the contract (up to $350).

I don't think so. I fully expect things to change with LTE... new prices on data plans, EFT will probably stay where it is, or a modest increase...

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
The prices will most likely stay the same ($199 16GB and $299 32GB), or if anything Apple might lower them a bit or possibly add more storage at the same price points.

The iPhone 4 will most likely be bumped down to $49 (w/ a 2-year contract). Although, Apple may make the iPhone 4 $99 or even free. If history is any guide, they'll also downgrade the storage of the iPhone 4 to 8GB (as the iPhone 3GS is now, which is sold for $49).

Jalwa

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
is iphone 5 really worth the wait, will the camera be better??
battery life?? and will the sim be a microchip?? iv never had iphone before but i want to buy the iphone 5 it seems cool, can anyone give me advice, i want to keep my current pay as you go deal and number but with and iphone 5 but is that possible?? and roughly what would be a pay as you go deal with iphone 5??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
is iphone 5 really worth the wait, will the camera be better??
battery life?? and will the sim be a microchip?? iv never had iphone before but i want to buy the iphone 5 it seems cool, can anyone give me advice, i want to keep my current pay as you go deal and number but with and iphone 5 but is that possible?? and roughly what would be a pay as you go deal with iphone 5??

How the h311 do we know those answers? Apple has not announced it yet...

What say we wait until Apple announces the phone... and then see what the carriers do in terms of plans/paygo, etc? Doesn't that sound like a plan?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if the price goes down. Seems like a prime time to do it. Pent up demand for a new model being released later than normal. Combined CDMA/GSM chipset (assuming it has this) will mean one model for everyone and Apple can drive the price down to make them in mass quantities.

jrpierce

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone see Apple/AT&T allowing people who bought the iPhone 4 when it was released to re-up their contract early and get the cheaper price? They did with the 3Gs didn't they?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone see Apple/AT&T allowing people who bought the iPhone 4 when it was released to re-up their contract early and get the cheaper price? They did with the 3Gs didn't they?

They've always offered an "early upgrade" price, which is not as cheap as the base line price for a new contract, but it's still something (i believe the iPhone 4's 16GB early upgrade price was $399).

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I would be surprised if they didn't. I'm sure hoping they do.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Didn't AT&T do that with the 4 IIRC?

I really don't remember... but I know that AT&T has historically adjusted your "upgrade date". IIRC, if you were due for an upgrade in the subsequent 6 months or so, they would allow you to upgrade early. Normally, your upgrade is based on monthly $$ spent but was based on 21 months from the last upgrade. With the historical release of the iPhone in June, AT&T would allow anyone due for an upgrade within the current physical year (up to Dec 31) to do the upgrade at launch time.

Not sure what they will do now...

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I looked it up ha AT&T, I'm sure at Apple's request, pushed your upgrade date up to the release date of the iPhone 4 if your upgrade was anytime during 2011.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
LTE Radio prices will be coming down and with the 2nd Gen chips will also be less power hungry and fit better into the iPhone. So if Apple is not going to put a larger screen and no LTE then its really not an IP5, its more like IP4.5 (like AT&T's 4G is really 3.5G). It should not be a question of matching specs for the sake of it, but it does matter if you are trying to actually offer a more competitive product. If you want to live in 2009 iPhone design then that's cool I am happy for you. For my needs I do want and need a larger display and since Verizon has made it clear that their entire network will be LTE ONLY in the near future as they want to phase our 3G Apple will need to get on with LTE, more memory and better displays.

Innovation is what drives companies so hopefully we will see some great innovations.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
LTE Radio prices will be coming down and with the 2nd Gen chips will also be less power hungry and fit better into the iPhone. So if Apple is not going to put a larger screen and no LTE then its really not an IP5, its more like IP4.5 (like AT&T's 4G is really 3.5G). It should not be a question of matching specs for the sake of it, but it does matter if you are trying to actually offer a more competitive product. If you want to live in 2009 iPhone design then that's cool I am happy for you. For my needs I do want and need a larger display and since Verizon has made it clear that their entire network will be LTE ONLY in the near future as they want to phase our 3G Apple will need to get on with LTE, more memory and better displays.

Innovation is what drives companies so hopefully we will see some great innovations.

2015 is there target date for complete coverage. Even then they will keep the 3G network turned on for quite a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods