Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Jalwa View Post
    is iphone 5 really worth the wait, will the camera be better??
    battery life?? and will the sim be a microchip?? iv never had iphone before but i want to buy the iphone 5 it seems cool, can anyone give me advice, i want to keep my current pay as you go deal and number but with and iphone 5 but is that possible?? and roughly what would be a pay as you go deal with iphone 5??
    How the h311 do we know those answers? Apple has not announced it yet...

What say we wait until Apple announces the phone... and then see what the carriers do in terms of plans/paygo, etc? Doesn't that sound like a plan?
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,606 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I wouldn't be surprised if the price goes down. Seems like a prime time to do it. Pent up demand for a new model being released later than normal. Combined CDMA/GSM chipset (assuming it has this) will mean one model for everyone and Apple can drive the price down to make them in mass quantities.
    iMore Newbie

Does anyone see Apple/AT&T allowing people who bought the iPhone 4 when it was released to re-up their contract early and get the cheaper price? They did with the 3Gs didn't they?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,524 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by jrpierce View Post
    Does anyone see Apple/AT&T allowing people who bought the iPhone 4 when it was released to re-up their contract early and get the cheaper price? They did with the 3Gs didn't they?
    They've always offered an "early upgrade" price, which is not as cheap as the base line price for a new contract, but it's still something (i believe the iPhone 4's 16GB early upgrade price was $399).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by jrpierce View Post
    I would be surprised if they didn't. I'm sure hoping they do.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Didn't AT&T do that with the 4 IIRC?
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by totalimmortal View Post
    Didn't AT&T do that with the 4 IIRC?
    I really don't remember... but I know that AT&T has historically adjusted your "upgrade date". IIRC, if you were due for an upgrade in the subsequent 6 months or so, they would allow you to upgrade early. Normally, your upgrade is based on monthly $$ spent but was based on 21 months from the last upgrade. With the historical release of the iPhone in June, AT&T would allow anyone due for an upgrade within the current physical year (up to Dec 31) to do the upgrade at launch time.

Not sure what they will do now...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I looked it up ha AT&T, I'm sure at Apple's request, pushed your upgrade date up to the release date of the iPhone 4 if your upgrade was anytime during 2011.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by totalimmortal View Post
    I looked it up ha AT&T, I'm sure at Apple's request, pushed your upgrade date up to the release date of the iPhone 4 if your upgrade was anytime during 2010.
    There. I fixe it for you.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,208 Global Posts
    iOS Version

LTE Radio prices will be coming down and with the 2nd Gen chips will also be less power hungry and fit better into the iPhone. So if Apple is not going to put a larger screen and no LTE then its really not an IP5, its more like IP4.5 (like AT&T's 4G is really 3.5G). It should not be a question of matching specs for the sake of it, but it does matter if you are trying to actually offer a more competitive product. If you want to live in 2009 iPhone design then that's cool I am happy for you. For my needs I do want and need a larger display and since Verizon has made it clear that their entire network will be LTE ONLY in the near future as they want to phase our 3G Apple will need to get on with LTE, more memory and better displays.

Innovation is what drives companies so hopefully we will see some great innovations.
    2014 15" MacBook Pro, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme, iPhone 4S (Verizon for Work) & iPhone 6 Plus 128GB (AT&T), iPad Air 2 128GB Space Gray (AT&T)
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,181 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    LTE Radio prices will be coming down and with the 2nd Gen chips will also be less power hungry and fit better into the iPhone. So if Apple is not going to put a larger screen and no LTE then its really not an IP5, its more like IP4.5 (like AT&T's 4G is really 3.5G). It should not be a question of matching specs for the sake of it, but it does matter if you are trying to actually offer a more competitive product. If you want to live in 2009 iPhone design then that's cool I am happy for you. For my needs I do want and need a larger display and since Verizon has made it clear that their entire network will be LTE ONLY in the near future as they want to phase our 3G Apple will need to get on with LTE, more memory and better displays.

Innovation is what drives companies so hopefully we will see some great innovations.
    2015 is there target date for complete coverage. Even then they will keep the 3G network turned on for quite a while.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    2015 is there target date for complete coverage. Even then they will keep the 3G network turned on for quite a while.
    Last I heard they were shooting for 2013.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SHERI.WASH View Post
    iPhone 5 Price Starts from $425
    Dream much?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SHERI.WASH View Post
    iPhone 5 Price Starts from $425
    Says who? Maybe the cheap low end will be 425 but the high end will be 599 like it has been for years.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Says who? Maybe the cheap low end will be 425 but the high end will be 599 like it has been for years.
    I'm assuming these figures represent the unsubsidized cost, right?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,208 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Last I heard they were shooting for 2013.
    You are correct, that is Verizon's stated target date for LTE rollout. Plus I do business with them and do actually talk to internal engineers who work on their network roll out.
    2014 15" MacBook Pro, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme, iPhone 4S (Verizon for Work) & iPhone 6 Plus 128GB (AT&T), iPad Air 2 128GB Space Gray (AT&T)
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,208 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I know Apple (was it Tim Cook) said they are looking to make the iPhone less expensive, of course that is a wide range of less expensive. They could still sell the 3GS and make that like $0 with a 5 year contract, they could offer the iphone 4 for less since its 15 months old. I do hope the full retail price is less for the upcoming model (paying retail myself) but who really knows what they are doing.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I know Apple (was it Tim Cook) said they are looking to make the iPhone less expensive, of course that is a wide range of less expensive. They could still sell the 3GS and make that like $0 with a 5 year contract, they could offer the iphone 4 for less since its 15 months old. I do hope the full retail price is less for the upcoming model (paying retail myself) but who really knows what they are doing.
    It is doubtful the retail price for the new iphone will be any cheaper. Usually the retail price does not change that much if all until the new model comes out. So most likely it will be the same price as the i4 full retail.
    iPhone Newbie

Man no one knows the prices until apple releases the info. Simples
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0 B7

A bizillion...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12