WiFi Sync in b3

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
In b2, wifi sync was working fine for me. But after updating to b3, my iPhone no longer shows up in iTunes (also b3) running on Lion GM.

Is anyone else seeing problems with wifi sync in b3?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I've had no issues with wi-fi syncing on each beta it was enabled in. The only thing is that I have to tell it to re-enable wi-fi after a restore, which is expected.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issues with wi-fi syncing on each beta it was enabled in. The only thing is that I have to tell it to re-enable wi-fi after a restore, which is expected.

Yes, you do have to re-enable it with each beta.

So far the only issue that I have had is that everything says you must be plugged into power for wifi sync to work, but it seems to work even when not connected to power.

If I download something from the app store on my Mac, the app shows up on my phone in a matter of minutes (maybe faster).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you able to make purchases from the newest iTunes beta? I couldn't earlier - hadda do it from the iPhone.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
still no Wifi sync in iTunes Beta 3 for Windows.

Makes me wonder if WiFi sync will even be an option for Windows users. Apple would be stupid not to offer it for Windows users.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you able to make purchases from the newest iTunes beta? I couldn't earlier - hadda do it from the iPhone.

Yep. I can purchase apps/music, update apps, etc all from the comfort of my MacBook Pro running iTunes 10.5 beta 3. No problems...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
still no Wifi sync in iTunes Beta 3 for Windows.

Makes me wonder if WiFi sync will even be an option for Windows users. Apple would be stupid not to offer it for Windows users.

I'm sure it will be there... Windows has all the same functionality of the Mac OSX version of iTunes... just have to wait for the code to appear in the beta sequence... patience is a virtue...

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
My wifi sync didn't work until I rebooted and tethered my with my Mac. When I unplugged it stayed in the device list. Was able to move a few audio book files over wirelessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd be very interested to know if anyone has attempted to use the wifi sync over a VPN tunnel into their home network from a remote location. I understand the performance would be crummy compared to locally syncing via wifi, but is it even possible?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you do have to re-enable it with each beta.

So far the only issue that I have had is that everything says you must be plugged into power for wifi sync to work, but it seems to work even when not connected to power.

If I download something from the app store on my Mac, the app shows up on my phone in a matter of minutes (maybe faster).

Mine too, I kind of like this functionality.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2