Biggest disappointment RE: the next iPhone...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah I dont really buy that. If apple wanted the new iPhone to be out in July in would have. That's a shame if it is keeping the same size and just getting a small boost to internals. Since it most likely wont have LTE.

That's the great thing, you can buy it or not but stop and think about it. You really think Apple would have released a new phone 2-3 months after Verizon started selling the 4? Could you imagine the backlash they would get? No chance in hell they were doing that. All I have to say about it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That's the great thing, you can buy it or not but stop and think about it. You really think Apple would have released a new phone 2-3 months after Verizon started selling the 4? Could you imagine the backlash they would get? No chance in hell they were doing that. All I have to say about it.

Everyone knew it was old and another would be released in the coming months. if it is the same size as the I4 with just a dual core processor and maybe a 8 mp camera I could see most people just sticking with the I'4 since most wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Everyone knew it was old and another would be released in the coming months. if it is the same size as the I4 with just a dual core processor and maybe a 8 mp camera I could see most people just sticking with the I'4 since most wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

You are mistaken. "Everyone" meaning people that are in these forums and follow the stuff. Not the average soccer mom in her mini-van knows that. People reading these posts are a minority.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You are mistaken. "Everyone" meaning people that are in these forums and follow the stuff. Not the average soccer mom in her mini-van knows that. People reading these posts are a minority.

So if they look the same the normal people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Changing just the internals only people on these forums would know the difference and buy that when the I4 will be cheaper.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So if they look the same the normal people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Changing just the internals only people on these forums would know the difference and buy that when the I4 will be cheaper.

Storage differences. No different than the 3G and 3GS... What else you got? :p

***And for the record I wish it is going to be different. And if I had to simply guess my opinion would be it has a bigger screen but I know better. (at least the past few months)

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Storage differences. No different than the 3G and 3GS... What else you got? :p

***And for the record I wish it is going to be different. And if I had to simply guess my opinion would be it has a bigger screen but I know better. (at least the past few months)

Exactly storage differences. Most non tech people look at price and if the new iPhone looks the same as the I4 they will look at price and say why should i pay more when both look the same and to them wouldn't know the difference. Also what about LTE since you seemed pretty confident before about it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Exactly storage differences. Most non tech people look at price and if the new iPhone looks the same as the I4 they will look at price and say why should i pay more when both look the same and to them wouldn't know the difference. Also what about LTE since you seemed pretty confident before about it.

That's another thread and that was my personal hope as I stated. In that thread I did away with that hope after looking into it a bit more a while ago. Perhaps everything I've heard is a lie and Apple has some spectacular surprise for everyone, but highly doubt it.

Last edited:

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Apple's timeline for iPhone 5 has nothing to do with Verizon and everything to do with iOS 5 and iCloud. Those must be ready to go in any new iOS device.

I agree that what people in forums define as a "major re-design" is not what the average consumer thinks about. That's why "old" models like the 3GS & 4 are still selling like crazy. Those kind of sales numbers (measured in both units & dollars) imply that the tech forum definition of "stagnant" is also not universally accepted.

A miniscule minority of consumers wanted FM radio in iPods, cameras in the first iPad and better notifications in iPhones. You can make a list of features the iPhone lacks, but it's really the overall package that the average consumer looks at. Both current iPhones still "win" in getting consumer dollars.

I keep on repeating that we all have different sets of preferences. Choice is good. Buy what you want. You don't like notifications on "stagnant" iOS? Go buy a WebOS or Android phone. Just recognize that many more people are handing their money to Apple for their "stagnant" phone than any other phone.

Look at the title of this topic. People are already criticizing Apple for the anticipated shortcomings of iPhone 5. "It doesn't have 4G/LTE, a big screen, NFC, etc." Headlines will read: "Apple is falling farther behind." "What a disappointment." "New iPhone only Incremental upgrade."

Meanwhile, millions of people around the world will be lining up days in advance to buy the new iPhone. Where were the lines this weekend for the "un-stagnant" Droid Bionic? Were there any lines for the "hot" Galaxy S2? Why does Samsung keep on postponing introducing this hot new phone in the U.S.?

Personally I can't wait to get my first iPhone and dump my POS Palm Pre Plus with the great notification system. Its one saving grace is that Verizon was so desperate to unload these, they included the Mobile Hotspot feature for no extra fee. I use it to access data on my WiFi iPad and iPod touch.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I know people in Cupertino, but they don't work for Apple. Unlike you, I did not claim I have a knowledgeable source within Apple. My speculations are based on simple logic and commonly available knowledge. At best we are all making educated guesses.

I'm a relative newbie on this forum. My first post was a few months ago when I questioned your assertion (based on your Apple source) that iPad 3 was scheduled for this year. So much for the value of such sources, eh? :rolleyes:

Drew, if I recall correctly, Apple did say that they were planning on coming out with a new iPad this year. Jeremy did post it here when it became known that Apple couldn't deliver on this due to an issue producing the HD screen.

We really need the new iPhone to come out already. I think the not knowing part is what is making the wait that much harder for people.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So then you know people in Cupertino who can tell you this eh? :rolleyes:

Well what he says makes sense. The only reason I could have seen apple delaying it for verizon was if they were adding lte which most likely wont be the case. I think ios5 took more time then they thought and decided to push it back rather than rush it out half baked.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So then you know people in Cupertino who can tell you this eh? :rolleyes:

I know people in Cupertino, but they don't work for Apple. Unlike you, I did not claim I have a knowledgeable source within Apple. My speculations are based on simple logic and commonly available knowledge. At best we are all making educated guesses.

I'm a relative newbie on this forum. My first post was a few months ago when I questioned your assertion (based on your Apple source) that iPad 3 was scheduled for this year. So much for the value of such sources, eh? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Premium1

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

I never said who I know. And things change sometimes, and I've always stated that. It was supposed to happen and that was the plan at that particular time. FACT. My track record speaks for itself dating back to the original iPad. Where is yours? Oh you don't have one to go along with your 9 posts, my fault. :rolleyes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I never said who I know. And things change sometimes, and I've always stated that. It was supposed to happen and that was the plan at that particular time. FACT. My track record speaks for itself dating back to the original iPad. Where is yours? Oh you don't have one to go along with your 9 posts, my fault. :rolleyes:

Ha getting a little defensive because someone called you out? I agree things change but yeah you edited your posts now to reflect that but before you were all about the facts from your "source":eek:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ha getting a little defensive because someone called you out? I agree things change but yeah you edited your posts now to reflect that but before you were all about the facts from your "source":eek:

Not defensive at all. Just find it amusing when people who have no idea what they are talking about open their mouths to try and call me out. And nothing was edited to "trick" anyone. As soon as I heard of changes (which was leaked by me by the way) I made adjustments. I come here to share things I hear from first hand knowledge. Now I don't need to post anything and I always say to myself don't do it yet I still do thinking maybe it would help some people out here. But I'll stay away now until after the dust settles. Then when I'm right and the next device is coming I'll simply keep my mouth shut to leave people like you to figure it all out. Sound good?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not defensive at all. Just find it amusing when people who have no idea what they are talking about open their mouths to try and call me out. And nothing was edited to "trick" anyone. As soon as I heard of changes (which was leaked by me by the way) I made adjustments. I come here to share things I hear from first hand knowledge. Now I don't need to post anything and I always say to myself don't do it yet I still do thinking maybe it would help some people out here. But I'll stay away now until after the dust settles. Then when I'm right and the next device is coming I'll simply keep my mouth shut to leave people like you to figure it all out. Sound good?

Ha that is fine for me. I enjoy the speculation that goes along with releases of new threads. Like you said you tell yourself not to do it yet you still do most likely because you feel special you have a source and can be one of the first to speculate about something.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ha that is fine for me. I enjoy the speculation that goes along with releases of new threads. Like you said you tell yourself not to do it yet you still do most likely because you feel special you have a source and can be one of the first to speculate about something.

Wow that's funny. "Special"? I can care less honestly. I come here because I have been here from the very start and I enjoy speaking to *most* of the people here. I'm a geek at heart and would love to have had someone give me solid info to go off of. The last thing I would do is show disrespect to someone who was simply trying to help out but clearly you disagree with that. To each his/her own.

Now let's get back on topic.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's funny. "Special"? I can care less honestly. I come here because I have been here from the very start and I enjoy speaking to *most* of the people here. I'm a geek at heart and would love to have had someone give me solid info to go off of. The last thing I would do is show disrespect to someone who was simply trying to help out but clearly you disagree with that. To each his/her own.

Now let's get back on topic.

But if there is always someone spoiling the fun it loses some of its appeal when you see it if you know whats coming. Its like seeing a christmas present a month before and already knowing what you will be getting lol. The suspense is always a good thing for marketing.;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro