Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 161
Like Tree37Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    I'm not trying to be a ****, but how could you know this info? Future products at Apple are under CIA type security, I can't imagine anyone with enough clearance to know about the next iPhone, would actually risk a high paying dream job like that by leaking info to their friends??

    Am I missing something?
    Sorry, no comment. (pretty obvious that was going to be my reply.) And believe me I'm not saying everything I am aware of. I'm simply on here tossing little things here and there to give you guys/gals something.
  2. #27  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    Sorry, no comment. (pretty obvious that was going to be my reply.) And believe me I'm not saying everything I am aware of. I'm simply on here tossing little things here and there to give you guys/gals something.
    Hey, that is cool. A little bit of info here and there is definitely better than nothing at all. Thanks for the updates.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
  3. #28  
    dmcmoran's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    I'm not trying to be a ****, but how could you know this info? Future products at Apple are under CIA type security, I can't imagine anyone with enough clearance to know about the next iPhone, would actually risk a high paying dream job like that by leaking info to their friends??

    Am I missing something?
    Why not? I don't think the person who left the iphone 4 in a bar did it by accident. Would be hard to trace back too.
  4. #29  
    dmcmoran's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    Is the fact the screen size will remain the same. I was really hoping for a larger screen.
    I was too, but do you know if this goes for the iphone 4s, iphone 5 or both?
  5. #30  
    kilcher's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

    Default

    Bigger screen is probably the hardware feature I want most. It's not a deal breaker, I'm just afraid I'll regret upgrading to the 5 and not waiting for the 6 if it has it (I'm currently on a 3GS).
  6. #31  
    easyrun99's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

    Default

    Yeah, that's the one feature (4" screen) I would have liked to have seen above all else and I'm not sure a larger screen definitively means poorer battery life, but it would be a concern.

    The new Droid 3 has very good battery life with a 4" screen. I thought the DroidX did fine with a large screen as well. The HTC phones have mediocre (or worse) battery life in general and it is magnified by the bigger screens (we're looking at you T-Bolt!).
  7. #32  
    Mr. Orange 645's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts

    Default

    While my iPhone 4 has the most beautiful screen I've ever seen on a phone, with my OG Droid coming in a close second, I would like a bigger screen. Not crazy, but 4" does seem to be a sweet spot. Not a deal breaker, but just a wish list item. Other than that, bring on the dual-core processor (and an iOS that takes full advantage of it) and an 8mp camera. I would also like to see Apple improve the speaker phone. My OG Droid's speaker phone was extremely loud, yet very clear sounding. I was rather disappointed with the iPhone's speaker phone. I really don't care if they change the design of the phone. I love the looks of the iPhone 4. Its one of the most elegant phones out there IMO.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmoran View Post
    I was too, but do you know if this goes for the iphone 4s, iphone 5 or both?
    I'm not sure if a 4S even exists.
  9. #34  
    cjvitek's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,522 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    Sorry, no comment. (pretty obvious that was going to be my reply.) And believe me I'm not saying everything I am aware of. I'm simply on here tossing little things here and there to give you guys/gals something.
    Maybe I should start a thread "Fake iPhone/iPad rumors Jeremy has told me".

    Heh.
    Jeremy likes this.
  10. #35  
    dcgore's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

    Default

    A 4 inch screen would be nicer. I think there was a poll a few days back and this was the feature most people requested, dual core processor coming in second.
  11. #36  
    kella12's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default

    Great, i also wanna a larger screen.
  12. #37  
    jhamilton3's Avatar
    TiPb Fourm Staff

    Posts
    1,695 Posts

    Default

    Like Jeremy, I'll definitely be bummed if the screen size stays the same.

    I'm content with the current speed/&/or battery life so I'd like to see bigger screen, different design.. something new and refreshing - not just a power boost with better internal parts..
  13. #38  
    chobbs1's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,661 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

    Default

    I am very happy with the external design of the iPhone 4. I'm looking forward to more powerful innards and better speaker(fingers crossed)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. #39  
    cjvitek's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,522 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    I don't have a exact month for the phone(s) but the iPad is currently slated for October. That I am positive of. My best guess, they will come out at the same time or close together. Again I have to stress things do change and if they do, I'll be sure to post what I hear.



    I really believe so. I was told a "better camera".
    Was that for both the iPhone and the iPad, or just the iPhone?

    Chris
  15. #40  
    LazyStarGazer's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,786 Global Posts

    Default

    Larger screen would be nice, but I'll be happy with faster guts and...

    iBBM

  16. #41  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default

    I still don't know for sure and no one does for that matter, everyone keeps talking like they know exactly what the new iphone will look like... get it into your head guys, WE WON'T KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE/HOW BIG THE SCREEN IS UNTIL IT COMES OUT!!
  17. #42  
    BrindawithanI's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    910 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,559 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riley9dy View Post
    I still don't know for sure and no one does for that matter, everyone keeps talking like they know exactly what the new iphone will look like... get it into your head guys, WE WON'T KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE/HOW BIG THE SCREEN IS UNTIL IT COMES OUT!!
    Ummmm I'm pretty sure the OP knows something!
  18. #43  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrindawithanI View Post
    Ummmm I'm pretty sure the OP knows something!
    quite honestly, I'm new to this site so this is probably a noob question haha but what is the OP and for what reason does he know any more than we do??
  19. #44  
    BrindawithanI's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    910 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,559 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riley9dy View Post
    quite honestly, I'm new to this site so this is probably a noob question haha but what is the OP and for what reason does he know any more than we do??
    Check out the home page of this website... You'll get the picture! . I'll give you a little hint... He's the forum admin here.
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 07-31-2011 at 10:50 PM.
  20. #45  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrindawithanI View Post
    Check out the home page of this website... You'll get the picture! . I'll give you a little hint... He's the forum admin here.
    Well ok I get that part but why is it that he knows for sure there won't be a bigger screen?
  21. #46  
  22. #47  
    BrindawithanI's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    910 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,559 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riley9dy View Post
    Well ok I get that part but why is it that he knows for sure there won't be a bigger screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    So these mean nothing??
    From past experience both here and at another very popular phone forum, you get to know whose posts to watch for, for good info. Could I be wrong? It happens!
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 08-01-2011 at 07:07 AM.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #48  
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    Not necessarily. In the future I'm positive we will see a larger screen. That is pretty obvious. What I'm saying is the very next iPhone will not. What they call it is beyond me. iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, etc... Not going to be much different like I've said all along... After that, I have no idea.
  24. #49  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrindawithanI View Post
    From past experience both here and at another very popular phone forum, you get to know whose posts to watch for, for good info. Could I be wrong? It happens!
    Well I guess that makes sense but that prediction just seems like more of a guess. Only because no source is cited and no real leaks on screen size haven't really come out yet
    Last edited by riley9dy; 08-01-2011 at 09:15 PM.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #50  
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riley9dy View Post
    Well I guess that makes sense but that prediction just seems like more of a guess. Only because no source is cited and no real leaks on screen size haven't really come out yet
    Of course I'm not going to say where I heard this... why would I do that? Give up someones privacy just to satisfy some forum members? Sorry, not going to happen. Again I'm simply just passing along things I've heard from people in the "Cupertino circle". Take it how ever you'd like.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions