One or Two iPhones This Fall?

irawkmac

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I could definitely see Apple going about releasing 2 iPhones as that is basically what they've done with every other version of their device i.e. an everyday user version(Macbook) and a pro version(Macbook Pro). Now there's talks of an iPad 2 HD which would be aimed at the higher end market of end users like video editors and music producers. This is an absolutely feasible possibility. It would also boost their sales in the iPhone department towards people that don't have as much money to spend on a higher end iPhone. It's a good marketing move either way if you think about it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the iphone 5 will be a better calling device? aka not drop so many calls

I am another person who hasn't ever experienced poor calling quality or dropped calls to any legitimate amount...are you speaking from personal experience? Or just going on the media hype that surrounded the iPhone 4?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am another person who hasn't ever experienced poor calling quality or dropped calls to any legitimate amount...are you speaking from personal experience? Or just going on the media hype that surrounded the iPhone 4?

IMHO, Apple addressed the whole "dropped call" issue with the VZW iPhone 4. Dropped calls is all about network/providers in a given location. AT&T doesn't work well where you are? Try the VZW phone. You're on VZW and no one can hear you now? Try AT&T... either way, you can have an iPhone.

But as others have stated, it's not the phone as much as it is a service provider and network issue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't think we will see a iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. We will see a new regular iPhone and something we have not yet seen. Just a hunch.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, Rumors never stop, this is like the rumor No. 123,456 since the iPhone 4 was launched....
Well, Im enjoyable with my iPhone 4 now, big relaxation for me on the flight to watch video&movies though need do some converting with handbrake and ifunia, surfing...
To the next iPHone, I would like to wait till it is released, if it is stunned~ ... :D

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
I seriously doubt Apple would do that, but then again you never know with a company like Apple.

The main reason I doubt it is because Apple already has a "cheaper iPhone" --the iPhone 3GS. It sells for $49. Apple did this last year with the iPhone 3G, too. They'll most likely do it again when the new iPhone comes out this fall. So, when the iPhone 5 comes out, the iPhone 4 will be bumped down and sold at a cheaper price (they might even downgrade the storage to 8GB like the 3GS is now).

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt Apple would do that, but then again you never know with a company like Apple.

The main reason I doubt it is because Apple already has a "cheaper iPhone" --the iPhone 3GS. It sells for $49. Apple did this last year with the iPhone 3G, too. They'll most likely do it again when the new iPhone comes out this fall. So, when the iPhone 5 comes out, the iPhone 4 will be bumped down and sold at a cheaper price (they might even downgrade the storage to 8GB like the 3GS is now).

That's what I've been thinking as well.

Aug 12, 2011
www.jayfuerstenberg.com
I don't think there'll be 2 phones released in tandem. Why have 2 products competing against each other or otherwise causing confusion for potential customers. I could be wrong of course but as an iPhone developer I don't want to have to buy 2 devices to support. If a cheap iPhone comes out I might just not support it altogether. We'll see....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal