Installing iOS5 beta 2 issues...

B2theRich33

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting the message, 'the ipod could not be synced because the sync session failed to start' whenever I sync or want to upgrade to iOS5.2... I have a recent backup from beta 1 iTunes but I try to use that as my backup bypass the message and hit alt/restore it and it wont allow me to upgrade... help me :(

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. The problem was I downloaded beta 1 that was labeled beta 2 but with a build number of beta 1. So of course it will not sync with iTunes beta 2. So make sure you download iOS. 5 beta 2 with the correct build number. I did that and synced no problem.

Reactions: B2theRich33

B2theRich33

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. The problem was I downloaded beta 1 that was labeled beta 2 but with a build number of beta 1. So of course it will not sync with iTunes beta 2. So make sure you download iOS. 5 beta 2 with the correct build number. I did that and synced no problem.

How will I be able to download the same build number? I'm not much of a tech person :/

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
this is true...

In that case, I guess you'd have to go back to your source for the file. You must have access as a developer to the site to download the file. In the case of organizations, someone downloads the file(s) and makes it(them) available to the organization (for each device whose UDID is enrolled).

Without climbing on a soapbox, this issue is the problem with "come one, come all" UDID enrollment sites/people. Sure your device is enrolled in the program, but you have no reliable source for the beta software from Apple.

B2theRich33

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
In that case, I guess you'd have to go back to your source for the file. You must have access as a developer to the site to download the file. In the case of organizations, someone downloads the file(s) and makes it(them) available to the organization (for each device whose UDID is enrolled).

Without climbing on a soapbox, this issue is the problem with "come one, come all" UDID enrollment sites/people. Sure your device is enrolled in the program, but you have no reliable source for the beta software from Apple.

So i need to go the person who registered for me and have them download the software for itunes and the beta and then send it to me?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So i need to go the person who registered for me and have them download the software for itunes and the beta and then send it to me?

If they are willing to do so, that's probably the best approach. I don't know where you got the version that you are now questioning ... but trying to find a copy online can cause some problems ...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting the message, 'the ipod could not be synced because the sync session failed to start' whenever I sync or want to upgrade to iOS5.2... I have a recent backup from beta 1 iTunes but I try to use that as my backup bypass the message and hit alt/restore it and it wont allow me to upgrade... help me :(

Did you try restoring to iOS 4.3.3 (4.2.8 if you're VZW) and then upgrade to beta 2? Just a thought...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
had a similar problem awhile back check this out iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows see if it's any help. OK now that I re-read the thread this probably wont help you but what the heck might as well give it a shot.

OK to downgrade if your SHSH blobs are saved search on here or on the web for something like Edit hosts file for Cydia. You basically want to edit your hosts file to point iTunes at the Cydia server instead of Apple's servers when you're doing your restore. Then you'll need to download the ipsw for the firmware version that your SHSH blobs are saved. You put your phone into DFU mode and connect to iTunes then hold down the Shift(Windows)/Option(Mac) button and click on restore in iTunes. Then point to your ipsw and it will start to restore and when it needs authorization it will look to Cydia instead of Apple's servers and then complete the restore.

However I have read that because of changes that iOS 5 beta makes to your phone it is hard if not impossible to downgrade but again it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW