Wifi toggle

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the things I can't stand the most about the OS as it currently stands today is the lack of a wifi toggle. Can anybody else attest that this is the most annoying thing ever? I am always connected to wifi at home and as soon as I leave I am getting the annoying pop up to connect to other networks and the fact that I have to go all the way into the settings menu to turn this off is a major pain in the you know what. And if I don't turn this off it will continue to pop up. I know you can jailbreak and get easy access to the toggle but I made a decision not to jailbreak. What do you think the chances are that iOS 5 incorporates this into the drop down menu? Does this annoy anyone else as much as me?

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just go to the WiFi setting and turn "Ask To Join Networks" OFF. That way you won't get the pop-up anymore.

Reactions: csal80

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just go to the WiFi setting and turn "Ask To Join Networks" OFF. That way you won't get the pop-up anymore.

+1. That was one of the first settings I changed when I got my iPhone4 last June. It's the only way to fly.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
uhhh.. if you do not know about the "Ask To Join Networks" option you really should read the manual. who knows, there might be a lot of other things you're missing out on

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
The beauty of that feature is that even with ask to join turned off the iOS remembers what wifi's you have manually joined and automatically joins those again when you are nearby without you telling it to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2