Clearing Notifications

MichaelFa

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if in iOS 5, if I have a list of notifications on my lock screen how do I clear those outside of swiping them individually?

If I slide the main bar at the bottom of the lock screen does it clear the notifications every time? Does it clear them once I completed the task? Or does it clear them once I've cleared them from the main notifications drop down?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
On the lock screen once it's unlocked they do not show again. You can clear groups of notifications of the same type by clicking he "x" then "clear".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johfla

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
In the latest beta I believe you can also link the clear down to the app badges. No badge counter = clear down notifications

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
In the latest beta I believe you can also link the clear down to the app badges. No badge counter = clear down notifications

mind expanding on this? i know that you can keep badges from appearing all together.. but if i understand what you are saying is that the badges can be removed when clearing the notification in the Notification Center as well?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not sure how this method gives a user full control of their notifications. also, by me just removing the weather widget and turning off any app that requires location services has helped my battery life considerably

mitsui

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
clear only one notification

I do have a questions, let's assume that you have 3 calendar notifications in the notification center - is it possible only to clear one instead of all together?
That would be important as I still would keep them in order to keep it in the list.

Many thanks.

Philippe

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
regarding the calendar notification question above; it appears you are in luck. i just did a small test which consisted of 3 calendar alerts where the duration was only for 5 minutes on each

first off, since beta 2 was released we now get a 24 hour advanced preview of upcoming alerts so that helps

during the 5 minute durations not only was i able to view the event but it would stay in the NC. once outside of the 5 minute duration the event was still viewable until i went into it. not sure how long it would stay in the NC if i were to never view it. however, after i edited/extended the event during the event duration it did stay in the NC for the extended amount of time adjusted

i depend a lot on my calendar notifications for work and this is why i am a big advocate for any type of snooze alerts within the calendar notifications. with being able to see the upcoming events and the past (for how long, still unsure) in the NC it does help. i have never understood why Apple sits on their hands with this simple feature (calendar snooze alert) and this will be a huge reason why i will jailbreak again if it is not implemented into the final release

by the way, the events did stay in order as well

sorry for the mini rant. hope this helps. also remember this is still in the beta stages and could change, hopefully for the better

mitsui

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
What happens in case you got 3 emails... Let's say you have read one would the other two still stay in the not center?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
until you go into the desired email (via NC or Mail app) each will stay in the Notification Center. even ones that are in the same account

and in case you were wondering, if you try to mark one as read it will not show up in the NC (for now anyways) personally i would like this feature so it would act as a reminder

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
until you go into the desired email (via NC or Mail app) each will stay in the Notification Center. even ones that are in the same account

and in case you were wondering, if you try to mark one as read it will not show up in the NC (for now anyways) personally i would like this feature so it would act as a reminder

I am sure they are still tweaking the settings... but as it now sits, it's light years ahead of what they have in iOS4 (and earlier).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner