Can't Enable WiFi Sync Through iTunes

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Every tutorial I read says that when the iPhone is connected to iTunes, you go to the summary page and click on "Sync over wifi connection" .. However, when I plug in my iPhone to iTunes, I don't have that option. Yes, I have iOS 5 beta 2, and yes I have iTunes 10.5 beta 2. Wifi is turned on on my iPhone and both my MacBook and iPhone are on the same wifi network, but when I look at the summary page, these are my only options:

IMG_2510.jpg

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's really odd. Did you check the exact version of iTunes? Also is iCloud sync activated on the phone or is it off?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
That's really odd. Did you check the exact version of iTunes? Also is iCloud sync activated on the phone or is it off?

It should be the current iTunes, it's the one I downloaded from the Apple site along with iOS 5 beta 2 .. when I click "about" in iTunes it says 10.5b43 .. and iCloud "backup" wasn't activated, but I just activated it to see if it would make a difference, and I still only have the same options when I plug in the iPhone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It should be the current iTunes, it's the one I downloaded from the Apple site along with iOS 5 beta 2 .. when I click "about" in iTunes it says 10.5b43 .. and iCloud "backup" wasn't activated, but I just activated it to see if it would make a difference, and I still only have the same options when I plug in the iPhone.

Hmm, I'm out of ideas... hopefully someone else has a answer for you.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ah, there you go. If you haven't updated your computer in the past two weeks there is your culprit. (update was just released before the 2nd beta)

That is definitely the culprit lol, I checked and I only have 10.6.7, so I started the download for the update. Once it updates I should have wifi syncing enabled, thanks guys!

rmead001

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same issue and just updated the other night. Hopefully this fixes my issue too. Surprisingly i'm not having many other issues at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711