How does Apple manages beta's upgrades ?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Running ios 5 on my iPhone 4 and very happy with it, not a developer but got my UDID registered, does anyone know how apple handles ios beta updates??..is it the standard connect to itunes and wait for the upgrade window??...or it has to be done in the developer's account at apple.com, I just want to have an idea about what to expect for beta 2.

Thaks guys.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing it will be a dev only thing where they have an area they log into and can download the ipsw. I'm just guessing but I don't think they would do it OTA until it's official.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Running ios 5 on my iPhone 4 and very happy with it, not a developer but got my UDID registered, does anyone know how apple handles ios beta updates??..is it the standard connect to itunes and wait for the upgrade window??...or it has to be done in the developer's account at apple.com, I just want to have an idea about what to expect for beta 2.

Thaks guys.

It wont prompt a update in itunes. In the past, you had to do the restore thing with you downloading the software seperately. Hopefully OTA this time but dont know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2