Integrating a CLOSE X button

MikeDerro

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking with a couple friends that apple developers should integrate a CLOSE X button at the top of every app so that it makes it easier for users to close apps. We all know that exiting one app and opening another doesn't close the previous app. We would have to go to the multitasking bar, hold the app and press the X to close the app completely.

I just wanted to get your input on the idea

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
to be honest i am content with how it works now. if anything Pandora is the only one, out of my current apps, i manually close right away

although, i am sure there will be a lot of people who will absolutely love this idea

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wanted this on older firmware but it is against the iOS way this would cause apps to reload when you open them again which would be slower. This is the whole reason the animations make switching between apps so seamless. I don't even get that many rogue apps anyway. Your friends would have to develop this for JB anyway because how would they proliferate it beyond their apps?

robdv

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not, and for a number of reasons:

iPhone apps need to use the screen space judiciously, and a "CLOSE X" button would take out a huge portion.

It would look ugly as heck.

Very few people want to fully close out an app when they're done using it. For me and my friends, at least, we find ourselves going back to the recently used apps, and it's a blessing not having to sit through the launch screen each and every time.

If it's on the screen, it's way too easy to accidentally press and lose all of your saved progress.

A better implementation would be that the "CLOSE X" button puts the app in multitask while the home button closes it completely. However, I would stick with the way things are currently going.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234