anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else annoyed that Newsstand cannot be put in a folder. Personally i think it should be a download like iBooks.... anyone think of a reason why Apple didn't do it that way?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You can't put it in a folder because it is a folder.

I'm aware that it is a folder and appreciate that if you don't subscribe to anything it is relatively small but I'd still prefer it to be an optional app. I'd also like the option to remove other Apple apps like stock but i'm aware thats a dream

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm aware that it is a folder and appreciate that if you don't subscribe to anything it is relatively small but I'd still prefer it to be an optional app. I'd also like the option to remove other Apple apps like stock but i'm aware thats a dream

Steven Tyler said it best....

"Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dream comes through
Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On "

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This would work except it is a FOLDER. not a app. I tried using poof! but it was not there.

thanks for checking on this..

well that is irritating. now this will force me to do one of two things; actually use newsstand or move it to a second page, which i do not like doing because i do not use multiple pages

chadderbox

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
While it is annoying, this is only the first beta. It may very well change in future beta releases. This may have been more them testing it out front and center, but may change it later.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I actually find this funny because I think it's pretty cool if the icon populates and becomes a live icon when you start to use subscriptions. So you can see little magazines on the rack. The funny thing is alot of people would love to customize their folders to not look like folders. Now you give them a folder that looks like something else and they don't like it and want to hide it somewhere LOL

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
While it is annoying, this is only the first beta. It may very well change in future beta releases. This may have been more them testing it out front and center, but may change it later.

Lets hope so. It's not like iBooks has failed really has it? If it was me I'd have Newsstand as an optional app that sends a notification to say something like 'Your new <insert name of mag> is available for download'

Keeps the user informed of the new subscription, makes use of the new notification center, keeps Newsstand and iBooks pretty much the same, gives people like me the option not to have it and i'd make it an app not a folder :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234