Apple: Analyst Says No LTE in iPhone 5; To Add Sprint, T-Mobile

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
We knew LTE wasnt coming this year and leaked pics running with Tmo network isnt anything new. Just another article.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well allow me to opine:

I had purchased the the white iPhone 4 with plans to upgrade to the iPhone 5, but if the iPhone 5 is just a minor upgrade, then I say to you: hells yeah! I can enjoy my iPhone then without worry and chill out until iPhone 6. Or just get the iPhone 4S if I am not satisfied with the LTE network in my city by the time iPhone 6 comes out.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
One opinion I do have... NO way this is called the "4S" as the analyst is saying. It will be called something different.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
One opinion I do have... NO way this is called the "4S" as the analyst is saying. It will be called something different.

This will be the new name of the next iPhone:

R-type iPhone Pro 4M 3GS spec A5 Type 64

Let me break it down for you:
R-type: Retina display & camera (upgraded MPs)
Pro: since it's just a rehashed iPhone 4, the Pro will denote that it is the more advanced version
M: Metal backing
3G: on the 3G network
S: speed for faster processor
spec A5: A5 chip
Type 64: 64GB or 32 GB

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It's more likely that 3GS denotes 3G speeds (as in network speeds)... But I'm not holding my breath for anything, Id like to see at least HSPA21 capability, though. 7.2 is outdated as of last year.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3GS, so...

-MAJOR speed boost with A5 chip.
-Make it 21Mbs compatible.
-Retina display.
-Guaranteed to run iOS5.
-Another two years of O/S upgrades after that.
-I'll be past the halfway point of my current contract when it comes out this fall.

Sign me up.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I hope they don't change the look of the iPhone. I like the size and the flat back. It looks really good. I would love to see the dual core processor and the better camera, 1080p video recording, and perhaps more memory. All of these things will be welcome. I will definitely be picking up this thing.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234