View Poll Results: Should I get a iPhone 4, 5, or Both?
- 23. You may not vote on this poll
iPhone 4 or iPhone 5? Both?
Kind of a stupid question, so flame if you wish but it won't bother me any . Anyhoo, I had a iPhone 4, but had to return it due to some issues. I am thinking about getting another one, but then it occured to me that not long from now (well, next july) that another iPhone will be coming out. Should I get another iPhone 4? I really want another one, and kick myself everyday for returning it. Even if I do get a iPhone 4, I know I will end up getting the next iPhone. So my question is should I get a iPhone 4 now, wait for iPhone 5, or just get both (the option I plan on doing if I do decide to get a 4)?
- 09-20-2010, 09:11 PM #2
- 09-20-2010, 09:39 PM #4
- 09-20-2010, 10:45 PM #5
- 09-21-2010, 01:29 AM #6
dont you wish you could sometimes lite spammers on fire?
i vote do the buy now and buy again later
life hacker came out with a great post on how to upgrade to the next iphone for free and even make a little profit and unlike our lovely friend wowrain up there this is just a guide on how to resell your iphone when the next one comes out and not a pityful attempt to lure people to a scam!
How to Upgrade to the Latest iPhone for Free
Last edited by Slyfi; 09-21-2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: misspelling and skipped words
- 09-21-2010, 03:09 AM #7
- 09-21-2010, 06:22 AM #8iPhone Beginner
- 90 Posts
If you have the disposable income, get them both. The iPhone 4 was a definitely big upgrade over the 3GS (retina display, ram, etc.) so that is why i jumped from the 3G to the 4. I will wait and see if i feel the "5" will be worth the jump or lay low until "6" is released. and really, if you have no intention of keeping the old iphone, sell it. More than likely you will at LEAST break even after buying the new one.
- 09-21-2010, 10:13 AM #9
Here is my thought. What phone do you have now? If you have a 3gs and are reasonably happy with it, stick it out and wait for ip5. I have an ip4 (upgraded from 3g) and I love it, absolutely love it, but I am terrified I am going to break it. I was planning on skipping the 5 and waiting for the 6 initially, but if the 5 is more sturdy then I'm going to get that and retire the 4. It is gorgeous, but I am going to be devestated when I break it.
- 09-21-2010, 10:52 AM #10
- 09-21-2010, 11:00 AM #11
- 09-21-2010, 02:01 PM #12
- 09-21-2010, 03:52 PM #13
- 09-21-2010, 03:58 PM #14
- 09-21-2010, 04:00 PM #15
- 09-21-2010, 04:05 PM #16
I will definitely sell this i4 and get an i5 WHENEVER it comes out. If the reports are true, and its 10 months from now that will be great, I'll sell this one, pay my $200 UG fee and have some $ left over for new goodies for it. Get a new i4, then the i5.