Sync iPhone 4S contacts to PC?

mollyB

Banned
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi I don't seem to find a specific answer to this question. I have all my contacts on my iPhone. I want to transfer my iPhone contacts to my Outlook on my PC. According to threads I found here (though it concerned Mac and not a PC), I should sync my iPhone contacts with Outlook via iTunes.

However I have heard that syncing works only for people looking to bring contacts from their Outlook to the iPhone and not the other way round. My Outlook is currently empty, will an iTunes contact sync delete my contacts - I am scared to just risk trying on my own.

Finally, I don't buy music off the iTunes store and really do not use iTunes for anything else than playing podcasts. Isn't there a direct way to import the contacts to Outlook via Outlook itself?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have an iCloud account or have your contacts stored with any other cloud service, you can simply export them and then import them to Outlook. I haven't used Outlook in years and have never synced it with iTunes.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Like stated sync device with iCloud then get the iCloud panel for your pc and select sync with outlook .. Bam contacts always in sync

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

mollyB

Banned
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies. Something new I just learned from Peligro911 is that there is an iCloud app for the PC - this is certainly helpful.

Etermonk, thank you for the detailed instructions, this was of great help.

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
iCloud connect installed on my desktop and laptop = outlook contacts, calendar, notes, tasks syncing bliss for me :D
Plus, I never have to plug in to get my pictures on both PC's.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

lia

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
hello, I am trying to add a number of contacts from my Windows Contacts to my iphone. I have dozens of contacts which are already on both on my iphone and my Windows Contacts. I wish I just select all contact entries and transfer to my iphone. Does the contacts program described here identify contact duplicates or will it transfer all of the contacts I select from my Windows Contacts regardless of whether they are already on the iphone or not?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't you install the Windows Live plug-in on Outlook and sign in with a hotmail address? Then on the iPhone have it sync contracts with hotmail? I've never tried this, but I heard that it'll work...thoughts?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the additional replies. This thread has become of such reference value to me and I have learned a bit about how to keep my iPhone contacts backed up. So far my setup is as follows:

I used copytrans Contacts to organize and clean up my iPhone contacts (did some edits of old entries and added contact groups) then to back up my iPhone contacts to my PC as vCard files.

Now that my contacts on my iPhone are well what I wished and are backed-up to my computer, I am thinking of finally enabling iCloud so that I have an online active copy of my current iPhone contact list. :rolleyes:

Use iCloud you will thank me the first time is saves you lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SophiaLina

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
If you want to transfer contacts with iTunes, follow the following steps:
1. From the Home screen, select Settings.
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down and press Import SIM contacts. This will copy any phone numbers stored on the SIM to the memory of the iPhone.
3. Now connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable. If iTunes doesn't automatically open, press Start and select the program from the list.
4. Once iTunes has opened, press the iPhone icon that appears on the left-hand side of the iTunes window.
5. From the options displayed, click Info And then tick the box next to Sync Address Book and Contacts.
6. Now press Sync at the bottom of the screen and all your iPhone contacts will be copied to your PC.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods