Imessage Issue

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having a bit of an issue with i-message. I just switched to the 4S the other day (got it through work, I work for AT&T) Very often, a few times a day when I send an i-message I always get message send failure. Regular texts are going through without an issue. I don't know how to fix it? I tried the 8.8.8.8 and I thought that worked, but then I am still having the same issue. I have tried rebooting and still the same.

Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That happens to me periodically and normally when I am or the recipient is in a bad reception area.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have this turned on, but after it fails it doesn't send it as a regular text message. I just checked under messages and it's def turned on.

I also have this issue with iMessage on rare occassion. If i'm sending one and the data connection isn't 'up to par' it'll fail with the red exclaimation icon and i have to physically go in, tap the fail and tap 'send as text message' I have this "send as sms" feature turned ON in iMessage also, but at times it just doesnt work !!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with this at all - I don't wanna start a network flame here but this could be a CDMA issue - my iMessage has always sent as a text if it wouldn't go as an iMessage

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues with this at all - I don't wanna start a network flame here but this could be a CDMA issue - my iMessage has always sent as a text if it wouldn't go as an iMessage

:)oh Cleve, i wouldnt take your comment as egging on a network issue flaming comment. I honestly dont know what the issue is. It doesnt happen very often at all--i can say this month(Jan.) its happened with 2 tx (imsgs)msgs where i had to actually go in and tap the "!" icon to 'send as text message' other than that, i dont really have issues with it, thats why you dont see me complaining about it, lol:)

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
One thing I did today and I think I fixed (hopefully, knock on wood) I went into messages...turned imessage off and then back on and it made me input my password and then it said "activating" and it went through and I've been having no issue the rest of the day. So let's hope this fixed it!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
One thing I did today and I think I fixed (hopefully, knock on wood) I went into messages...turned imessage off and then back on and it made me input my password and then it said "activating" and it went through and I've been having no issue the rest of the day. So let's hope this fixed it!

i dont want to burst your bubble, but i've done that already also & it helps for a little bit.

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was going good but the last 2 days here and there have been getting failures again. Really would love to know how to fix the issue.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
[I have to say, the past couple of days with iMessage have been finicky with me also, as well as both of my daughters iPhones, one a 4 & the other a 4S. My husband, who has a 4 hasn't complained tho.

I have to agree with you Garz, for as many of us seeing issues and being on different networks, that something's going on with Apples servers. Hopefully it'll iron itself out soon:)

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No iMeaasge issues here at all since I have had the phone and it is with VZW CDMA. All my friends are on IOS 5 so I go onto WI-FI and send to save data and have never had a failed message to anyone.