How's Everyone doing without a jailbreak?

Do you care for a jailbreak

• Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

Votes: 143 68.1%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 32 15.2%

• Total voters

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
so it's been a month now since the iphone 4s was released in the U.S, and I was just wondering how everyone else was holding up..

i've been checking the forums everyday to see if something was released, and i'm also holding off the 5.0.1 update

I understand things like this take time, and quite honestly I'm happy these jailbreaks aren't released until everything is 100% working as I love to use every feature the phone has to offer.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have owned 3 iPhones and have yet to jailbreak any of them haha.. dont need the extra stuff that the jailbreak offers and also the things it messes up

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
this is my first iphone, so i haven't jailbroken yet,

but i have jailbroken my ipod touch..

i just want easier access to turn bluetooth on and off and a few other things that aren't as important

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
so it's been a month now since the iphone 4s was released in the U.S, and I was just wondering how everyone else was holding up..

i've been checking the forums everyday to see if something was released, and i'm also holding off the 5.0.1 update

I understand things like this take time, and quite honestly I'm happy these jailbreaks aren't released until everything is 100% working as I love to use every feature the phone has to offer.

Really the only thing that I miss is my homepage I used perpagehtml for a htc like weather/clock homescreen.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
this is my first iphone, so i haven't jailbroken yet,

but i have jailbroken my ipod touch..

i just want easier access to turn bluetooth on and off and a few other things that aren't as important

You can just keep your Bluetooth on. I've never turned mine off.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i haven't really tested it to know on the iPhone , but on my previous phones it would help save battery life whenever you turned off a radio when you weren't using it...

does the iPhone handle it differently somehow?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
i haven't really tested it to know on the iPhone , but on my previous phones it would help save battery life whenever you turned off a radio when you weren't using it...

does the iPhone handle it differently somehow?

the iphone handles it the same really but most people get good enough battery life that it doesn't matter really also if you just want quick access to settings this app IconProject will allow you to place icons on your home screen for settings its 99 cents but it works

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have owned 3 iPhones and have yet to jailbreak any of them haha.. dont need the extra stuff that the jailbreak offers and also the things it messes up

I've jailbroken every iPhone I've ever owned...it's never messed up any of them.

Im very anxious for a new jailbreak...if for no other reason than simply having my 5 icon dock back, lol!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've jailbroken every iPhone I've ever owned...it's never messed up any of them.

Im very anxious for a new jailbreak...if for no other reason than simply having my 5 icon dock back, lol!

I know of three people in my personal life that jailbreaking messed there phone up beyond repair...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know of three people in my personal life that jailbreaking messed there phone up beyond repair...

BS...sorry, but simply jail breaking an iPhone will NEVER mess it up beyond repair. If a person gets into their sub system and starts tooling around with stuff they have no business messing with and they screw something up, that's entirely on them...not the jailbreak. The simple fact that 100% of jailbroken phones can be restored in iTunes back to factory default settings makes any story of the act of jail breaking a phone messing it up complete and total BS.

It's always funny to hear people who do not jailbreak their iPhone try to make up these stories about how a jailbreak ruined an iOS device. You guys realize that you can literally jailbreak an iPhone and when you are done, it is IDENTICAL to what you had before the jailbreak...you can even do it now without installing Cydia (though god knows why someone would do that).

Last edited:

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I want the jailbreak experience. I'm not sure what Apple was thinking on some of their UI decisions. Its not a very pleasant OS to navigate around. I'm not even sure if jailbreaking will help solve some of my issue but I'd like to find out.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I do have to say this and it has me curious.. when I made a genius bar appt, and they ran diagnostics on my phone... they were able to see everything from when i updated the software to apps that may have crashed, what apps were open, I wonder if they'll be able to see if it was ever jailbroken ??? :eek:

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I know of three people in my personal life that jail breaking messed there phone up beyond repair...
You can blame the jailbreak for the sake of blame.
It was probably the three people who didn't research anything or actually read about the tweaks/downloads.
I had a jailbreak from day one, never had a problem.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My 4 was jailbroken for a couple of weeks but I didn't see the big deal? The apps are more expensive and I wasn't impressed.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
And on another note I voted undecided, the only thing I miss is the 5 icon dock and my3G for FaceTime and the theme I had

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
BS...sorry, but simply jail breaking an iPhone will NEVER mess it up beyond repair. If a person gets into their sub system and starts tooling around with stuff they have no business messing with and they screw something up, that's entirely on them...not the jailbreak. The simple fact that 100% of jailbroken phones can be restored in iTunes back to factory default settings makes any story of the act of jail breaking a phone messing it up complete and total BS.

It's always funny to hear people who do not jailbreak their iPhone try to make up these stories about how a jailbreak ruined an iOS device. You guys realize that you can literally jailbreak an iPhone and when you are done, it is IDENTICAL to what you had before the jailbreak...you can even do it now without installing Cydia (though god knows why someone would do that).

actually im correct it happened right when they clicked the button to jailbreak buddy you sure do act like you know it all? your wrong on this one though I know that much

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
actually im correct it happened right when they clicked the button to jailbreak buddy you sure do act like you know it all? your wrong on this one though I know that much

I have never heard of such a thing and I've been jailbreaking iPhones for people for years now lol

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have never heard of such a thing and I've been jailbreaking iPhones for people for years now lol

it happened to a 3gs and 2 iPhone 3g's

click the button white apple logo appeared phone stayed with white apple logo until dead wouldnt respond to charging or anything.. dont ask me why it happened I do not jailbreak so yes I know nothing about it but I know the phones were unusable after it happend maybe things like that dont happen anymore I donno but im certainly not going to take the risk

This was the main reason I chose to never do it..

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
it happened to a 3gs and 2 iPhone 3g's

click the button white apple logo appeared phone stayed with white apple logo until dead wouldnt respond to charging or anything.. dont ask me why it happened I do not jailbreak so yes I know nothing about it but I know the phones were unusable after it happend maybe things like that dont happen anymore I donno but im certainly not going to take the risk

This was the main reason I chose to never do it..

The only issue I've ever run into was a bad device beforehand.. I have friend who I've tried to jailbreak his 3GS twice and it's gone into just a logo screen until it comes out eventually but I do recall his phone did that once before .... But still you're talking about jailbreaking devices that are 3 and 4 years old now respectively .... All cannot be blamed on the jailbreak itself

Reactions: nirohem

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234