Silent slider button question

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I got an old iPhone 4 to test the waters in the apple world. So far very impressed with the capabilities of such an old device.

I have an issue with the slide to silent button on the top left of the phone sometimes. When in my pocket, it slides to silent mode sometimes. Even using a case. Does anyone have this issue on newer iPhones? I am thinking the button might be a bit overused on the old device. Want to get a sense of this before I get a newer iPhone.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I got an old iPhone 4 to test the waters in the apple world. So far very impressed with the capabilities of such an old device.

I have an issue with the slide to silent button on the top left of the phone sometimes. When in my pocket, it slides to silent mode sometimes. Even using a case. Does anyone have this issue on newer iPhones? I am thinking the button might be a bit overused on the old device. Want to get a sense of this before I get a newer iPhone.

Welcome to iMore!

I am thinking the silent switch is worn. The new iPhone's have a pretty solid feel to the silent button. It is a flip more than a slide with the new phones.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Neither My 6s nor my wife's 5s have this issue. The switch was redesigned as a front-to-back switch and I think it makes a big difference.

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Figured as much. Not a huge deal accept I do have to check it sometimes in case of a missed notification. I have the phone out a lot anyways. Thanks for the replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2