Can't restore iPhone4 firmware (error 3..), how can I do this?

lilrags16

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Can't restore IPhone4 firmware (error 3...)

Howdy Y'all.

So just some backstory on how I bricked my iPhone 4 CDMA...

So it all started March of last year when I got my sweet gS5, it replaced my 2 year old iPhone. I decided beings my iPhone was not activated, i was going to jailbreak it. Used Pangu, jail-broke it and it worked great till two weeks ago. My mom placed a restriction in the settings to disable my internet and forgot the password. So I looked and found the file that needed to be edited. Removed the restriction, yay right? Well when I rebooted it, unlocking it would crash it. So, i plugged it into iTunes, clicked restore and i get error 2000. Tried in recovery mode and DFU since i could not boot it anymore. Sometimes the device would just reconnect and iTunes couldn't find it. Somehow it know will get all the way of to "restoring iPhone firmware" than it fails and i get error 3....

restore-frim.jpg
It sits on this forreeeevvveeerrrr

Untitled.jpg
And then this happens... And my iPhone sits at 99.9% till i unplug it..... Ugh....

So that's how i done goofed. So do i need to just shoot this iPhone with the 12ga or is there hope?

Thanks,
Brandon

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't restore IPhone4 firmware (error 3...)

Howdy Y'all.

So just some backstory on how I bricked my iPhone 4 CDMA...

So it all started March of last year when I got my sweet gS5, it replaced my 2 year old iPhone. I decided beings my iPhone was not activated, i was going to jailbreak it. Used Pangu, jail-broke it and it worked great till two weeks ago. My mom placed a restriction in the settings to disable my internet and forgot the password. So I looked and found the file that needed to be edited. Removed the restriction, yay right? Well when I rebooted it, unlocking it would crash it. So, i plugged it into iTunes, clicked restore and i get error 2000. Tried in recovery mode and DFU since i could not boot it anymore. Sometimes the device would just reconnect and iTunes couldn't find it. Somehow it know will get all the way of to "restoring iPhone firmware" than it fails and i get error 3....

View attachment 95331
It sits on this forreeeevvveeerrrr

View attachment 95333
And then this happens... And my iPhone sits at 99.9% till i unplug it..... Ugh....

So that's how i done goofed. So do i need to just shoot this iPhone with the 12ga or is there hope?

Thanks,
Brandon

Okay, according to Apple Support...

Restore Issues said:
[h=2]Check for hardware issues[/h]Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 56, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.
Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, check for outdated or modified software.
  1. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox