- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
How can I enter the PIN to unlock the SIM when the keyboard doesn't appear?
Completed a full Erase on my IPhone4 with no issues to set it up for my daughter. Activation lock is disabled. Goes through the new set up when powered up, I select English, then Ireland, then connects to my Wi-Fi. No issues.
The SIM is locked so the next page reads "SIM Pin Lock - Please enter your PIN to unlock the SIM card". Problem is that there is no keypad displayed to enter my PIN so I cant get past this step. Have re booted several times and tried other working SIM cards but I cant get the keypad to display to enter my PIN to activate the phone. Have called my service provider and there are no issues on their end. Apple support is closed and I cant find a solution on any site or forum. Any help as to why the keypad is not displayed or what I need to do enter my PIN. Thanks folks.
- 06-28-2015, 04:05 PM #2iMore Beginner
- 62 Posts
Re: IPhone 4 - Keypad not displayed for SIM code during set up
As you have tried sims from other phones ,,, what about putting your sim in the other phone and then switching the pin lock off . Once complete , put the sim back into the original phone and continue the setup , it is very unusual to get a SIM card come locked , this is normally activated by the owner after purchase , you may get the keyboard when you go to activate the sim lock after the phone is set up ,
- 06-30-2015, 08:37 AM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2015, 03:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2015, 02:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2015, 02:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2015, 02:04 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2015, 01:30 PM