How can I get my iPhone 4 Bluetooth handsfree to stay selected?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 4 bluetooth handsfree outgoing calls

I'm having an issue with an iPhone 4 I just got. I'm new to apple products so this is my first iPhone and so far I'm not impressed.
I have a car with bluetooth and handsfree calling. I pair the iPhone with it just fine and can make calls and receive calls on the handsfree. The problem is that when I place outgoing calls using the controls in the car the phone defaults to using the PHONE ITSELF instead of the handsfree and I have to manually select the handsfree on the iPhone's screen.
Also, I would like to have it setup so that I can select contacts and place calls on the phone and have it call using the handsfree. From research I've done online, it defaults to using the phone itself if you place the call using the phone, even when handsfree in the car is available?
Who in their right mind would design it like this? If a handsfree bluetooth device is connected to the iPhone it should ALWAYS default to that device.
I've checked under General, and under Phone, and Accessibility in Settings and so far haven't found ANYTHING that controls this behavior. Its infuriating and I'm about to swear off apple products forever.
The RAZR dumbphone I was using before getting the iPhone was so much better. Paired it with my handsfree and it'd route every incoming and outgoing call through handsfree with no problems at all. I'm HATING this iPhone. Please help me with this I want to like my iPhone.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 4 bluetooth handsfree outgoing calls

Have you tried going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Call Audio Routing and setting it to Headset?

Nathan James2

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone 4 bluetooth handsfree outgoing calls

I see an option for incoming calls but not for outgoing. Currently updating to 7.1.3 (from 6.1.3) to see if it gives me more options.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner