Why can't I update my Verizon iPhone 4 after updating to iOS7 update? (can't get to homescreen)

GMasonDragonDad

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have an old verizon iPhone 4, that I wanted to do a factory reset to use only for non-phone use. iTunes upgraded it to iOS7. Now unable to get past activation process. I have tried OTA, and iTunes on several machines and on two different networks. this has been going on for several days.

It prompts me for Language, Country, Wifi/iTunes.. then gets error message and go back to beginning. How do I get past these messages?

Wifi: Your iPhone could not be activated because of activation server is temporary unavailable...

iTunes: Your request could not be processed. We're sorry. but there is an error processing your request

It was a verizon based phone purchased directly from apple. (not sure if that has anything to do with it). also, it has been off verizon's network since April 2014.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: verizon iPhone 4 wont activate after iOS7 update (cant get to homescreen)

Is the device connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi?

Syed Siraj

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I have I phone 4 it was on 6.1.3 iOS i updated it to ios 7 but it sticks on activation screen and shows no service wifi is also not working it try to downgrade it but there is an error plz tell me what to do

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods