Verizon iPhone 4 only rings through headset on incoming calls, test ringtone works through speaker

amjimc

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Verizon iphone 4 phone I received two days ago from online purchase. It would play Pandora first day in Tacoma by plugin accessory on trucks radio. Second day no truck radio function through accessory cord so I unplugged it from radio, headphones work fine. Then the ringer quit functioning on incoming phone calls. I can listen to Pandora on headphones. If I switch ringtones the test ringtone will ring through the phone but incoming telephone calls will not ring external ringer, it does ring through headphones. Any ideas?, tried cleaning ports with compressed air in a can, wooden toothpick while phone was off, reset with on and home button at same time, hard reset.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused a bit. Are you having the problem while connected to your truck's accessories port or while not connected to it? If the problem persists while connected, go through the trucks entertainment system settings to make sure that everything is set correctly. In regard to the device not ringing, it can happen while connected to your vehicles accesses port or via its bluetooth connection, if applicable. In my car, especially while connected via its bluetooth function, I have to go to my iPhone's control center and select iPhone instead of my car's name where the AirPlay function normally would be. When I'm connected via the lightning cable, it'll ring through my car's speakers. If the problem persists while not connected via your truck, you may need to reset the device settings or make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you. I hope the issue gets resolved soon. Take care...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2