- 09-12-2014, 08:27 PM #2
Re: iphone 4 speak to text feature
I remember having this issue a while ago and it is related to the language and keyboard. What I mean is that siri (or dictation thingy) only supports certain languages, so if she is using it in a language that is not supported by that feature, the mic will disappear, it is easier to notice if you use more than one keyboard (like me) but both of the languages I use are supported, but if I add a keyboard lets say... in cherokee language the mic icon will disappear.
So go to settings --> general --> keyboard and see which one she is using. IF she is using english, spanish, french and some others that are supported by the dictation, and the mic icon is still not there, then that's a different issue.
Let us know if that works
- By BobAustin in forum iPhone 6Replies: 5Last Post: 09-13-2014, 09:57 AM
- By DanielKuney in forum iPhoneReplies: 7Last Post: 09-13-2014, 09:27 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:02 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 04:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 04:11 PM