Is there still a working jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 on iPhone 4?

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey there guys and gals,

Blake here and I wanted to let you all know that I have jumped back on the Apple ship kinda forcefully. Let me explain..

So the other day, I am working on my car. Had to put in a new alternator because mine was going bad. With my Moto X in my pocket, I go to grab it out of my pocket and (in somewhat slow motion) it falls out of my hand and SMACK right onto the concrete. Do you know what happened? Can you guess? I'll just tell. Crack. There goes my screen, just blown out. I was and am still highly bummed. I really love that phone. I really enjoy the Android platform. Anyway, in my moments of sadness I walk into my house and remember that I have an old blackberry curve. Oh yeah. Big hot shot right here. So, being even more bummed out that I thought I would have to jump from an up-to-date really good smartphone, to a 6 year old blackberry.. I cried...

No, not really. My mom recently got a new 5S. YAY HER! But she previously had an iPhone 4. She said that I could take it and switch it over if I wanted. Blackberry or iPhone? I opted for the iPhone. Now here is the kicker. It is still running iOS 6.1.3 and man am I happy. I absolutely cannot stand iOS 7 on the iPhone 4's. It is unbearably laggy for me and I just wouldn't be able to handle it if it was running 7.

Now on my way to the Sprint store, I was really dogging this phone. I mean, I was coming from a really nice newer phone to a phone that is about 3 or 4 years? I'm not positive. I'm assuming 3 because there has been 3 more iPhone's since then. Well 4 with the whole 5S/5C combo. But didn't they come out the same year?

Anywho, after being really bummed and actually using the iPhone, I am growing fond of it. It is a lot smaller, which I thought I was going to dislike but I really don't. I like how it fits right in my hand comfortably and I am happy that it isn't lagging up a storm. The only thing is, some apps have to be used as the older version because the new versions are only for iOS 7. But they still work, so that's not even really a damper. Now my next thing is.. JAILBREAKING.

I used to own an iPhone 4 back when the 4S just had came out. I jailbroke that thing and still to this day it was probably my favorite phone. I loved all the little tweaks that I could do with it. It made it even more customizable than Android. So my question is, is there still a working jailbreak for 6.1.3? If so, where could I find it? I'd love to jailbreak this little thing and get it back to my beloved phone that I once had.

So that's my little rant. I went into this situation thinking that I was going to hate it, but I really think I might enjoy it. Not having 4G really is a damper when I'm not on wifi, but I guess I will have to deal with it.

I'm back on the iOS band wagon with you guys! SO MAKE ROOM :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Well, we're happy to have you with us! Good thing there was a spare device available. We're here to assist you in any way we can.

I use three different platforms concurrently and I prefer the iOS experience.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

Well, we're happy to have you with us! Good thing there was a spare device available. We're here to assist you in any way we can.

I use three different platforms concurrently and I prefer the iOS experience.

So did you miss the big picture here? :b Do you possibly know if there are any legit jailbreaks out there for 6.1.3

Thanks,

Blake

P.S. I like iOS. It's not a bad operating system, it's just to simple and "easy" for me. And I know that there are many people thy like that. The thing that irritates me the most with apple is that they force there apps on you and you can't use say Gmail or Chrome over Safari and Mail. Using google apps on Apple products is a horrible experience.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
FORCED BACK TO APPLE :b

So did you miss the big picture here? :b Do you possibly know if there are any legit jailbreaks out there for 6.1.3

Thanks,

Blake

P.S. I like iOS. It's not a bad operating system, it's just to simple and "easy" for me. And I know that there are many people thy like that. The thing that irritates me the most with apple is that they force there apps on you and you can't use say Gmail or Chrome over Safari and Mail. Using google apps on Apple products is a horrible experience.

Nope. I got that you want to jailbreak. I run all my devices stock so I'm not a source of info on jail breaking. But you will find many who do jailbreak.

Here would be a good place for you to look around.

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

Thanks,

Blake

She didn't miss the big picture your thread title says nothing about JBing just to clarify

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

Oh my god. Okay. Did you need to clarify that too? :b I'm really just asking if anybody knows of a good jail real for 6.1.3

Thanks )

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

Welcome back to Apple and iMore. Good Luck with Jailbreaking your "new" iPhone 4. I find that my "go to" Apple iPhone 5s (I also own a Note3), is the best experience for my "real world" everyday use....."IT JUST WORKS"

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

Welcome back to Apple and iMore. Good Luck with Jailbreaking your "new" iPhone 4. I find that my "go to" Apple iPhone 5s (I also own a Note3), is the best experience for my "real world" everyday use....."IT JUST WORKS"

Yes, "new"! I am pretty excited for it. If I find a way to pick up even a 5, I probably will do so though. Just because all the apps are optimized for it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

Oh my god. Okay. Did you need to clarify that too? :b I'm really just asking if anybody knows of a good jail real for 6.1.3

Thanks )

Didn't mean anything harsh in my statement I was just stating that your rant was about switching phones and she covered it pretty well

Sorry to hear about your shattered screen hopefully you can get it fixed at a decent price. As for your Jailbreaking question I'm assuming it's still available as well as the iOS 7 JB but with iOS 8 around the corner the window could close. I would inquire in the JBing section of our site for better detailed information

Again Welcome back to iMore hopefully no hard feelings

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
re:

I don't know what version of iOS 7 you used on an iPhone 4, but 7.1 allegedly cleared up a lot of problems the iPhone 4 was having. I read a lot of positive feedback on that when 7.1 first dropped. You're better off just upgrading to iOS 7 and jailbreaking that before iOS 8 comes out and you're not even able to upgrade to iOS 7.

Also, I changed the thread title for clarity.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

Didn't mean anything harsh in my statement I was just stating that your rant was about switching phones and she covered it pretty well

Sorry to hear about your shattered screen hopefully you can get it fixed at a decent price. As for your Jailbreaking question I'm assuming it's still available as well as the iOS 7 JB but with iOS 8 around the corner the window could close. I would inquire in the JBing section of our site for better detailed information

Again Welcome back to iMore hopefully no hard feelings

None taken my man. Sorry, I think I was actually being rude. But with 7.1.2 out, is there a way to just update to 7.1? It just seems like every iPhone 4 that I've seen run 7, it lags a good amount. Maybe I should just upgrade to it. Ahh! I'm kind of in a pickle. :(

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
re:

None taken my man. Sorry, I think I was actually being rude. But with 7.1.2 out, is there a way to just update to 7.1? It just seems like every iPhone 4 that I've seen run 7, it lags a good amount. Maybe I should just upgrade to it. Ahh! I'm kind of in a pickle. :(

No. 7.1.2 is basically 7.1 with security fixes.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

No. 7.1.2 is basically 7.1 with security fixes.

So I decided to just bite the bullet and update to iOS 7. With a little bit of tweaking in the settings, it's actually running fairly smooth. I knocked out the animations and closed down the "automatic app refresh" along with a few other things and yeah, it's running pretty nice.

Now I'm trying to jailbreak, but it keeps acting up. I'm using the pungu jailbreak because that's what everyone says to use. It gets about 85% done and then just restarts. Any idea what's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
re:

So I decided to just bite the bullet and update to iOS 7. With a little bit of tweaking in the settings, it's actually running fairly smooth. I knocked out the animations and closed down the "automatic app refresh" along with a few other things and yeah, it's running pretty nice.

Now I'm trying to jailbreak, but it keeps acting up. I'm using the pungu jailbreak because that's what everyone says to use. It gets about 85% done and then just restarts. Any idea what's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it restarts do you unlock the phone? It's supposed to reboot at about 85% and if the phone is password protected you have to unlock it for it to finish.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73