Does iPhone 4 make a sound when it can't complete backup?

fishbellyd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm talking to my girlfriend on Skype and she gets a ding sound on her phone. Normally I'd say thats the sound you hear when you get a text. This isn't the first time this has happened. She tod me that the phone made the sound to notify her that the phone could not complete a ackup. Is this possible?

-forlorn

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it's possible, but the ding sound is often associated with email. I can't remember if it is the default text message alert sound because I change mine when I set up my device. Anyway, it sounds like you have a trust issue, and we're not here for that. If you need any other assistance with your i-Device, please don't hesitate to ask. Take care, and have a great day...:)

fishbellyd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, thank you. I guess I do have a trust issue. I just wanted to give you some interesting context. But so I'm clear, does the notification that iPhone "cannot complete a backup..." even make a sound? Because it doesn't on my 4S. I think what you are saying is yes, it possibly does.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thank you. I guess I do have a trust issue. I just wanted to give you some interesting context. But so I'm clear, does the notification that iPhone "cannot complete a backup..." even make a sound? Because it doesn't on my 4S. I think what you are saying is yes, it possibly does.

I don't know for certain because I've always been able to complete a backup.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
So would anyone else care to answer then?

Test it on your iPhone start a back up and cancel it see what happens

We can't answer a question if it hasn't happened to us. Maybe someone has experienced it and will post but if you need an answer right away try testing it

I would start a back up and then put your phone in airplane mode and turn off wifi and see if you hear a ding

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for the idea. No it doesn't give a ding on mine... which leaves me in an awkward spot in my relationship. Thanks anyway.
It would seem so and that is for you and your GF to work out, Not a public forum like this where people need assistance from us about their phone. Feel free to hang around though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR