Problem after update to iOS 7.1

onggeo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Overall iOS 7.1 has been a good update... One huge problem I have been experiencing is it doesn't seem to sync my hotmail/outlook account anymore. After I updated the phone, I had problems updating and installing apps so I did a factory reset then clean reinstall of the os through iTunes. After doing that I could download and install apps again but I couldn't login my hotmail or gmail address natively (through baked in email app). This is a huge problem for me because all my contacts and calendar appointments are saved on my hotmail account (I got the gmail app for gmail). Any suggestion or ideas as to what the problem is?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Delete the account, reboot the phone and then add the account again. Check to see if any of the mail settings were changed.

onggeo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have tried removing and re-adding the account, I was able to login a few times but it won't sync. It appears in accounts tab (Mail, Contacts, Calender) but my contacts, emails, and appointments won't show up in the respective apps.

onggeo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Update: It seems it is only my hotmail account which doesn't sync. I tried using my Gmail address and it worked flawlessly, but everytime I put in my Hotmail it doesn't work.

dhack21

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Change it to exchange and input your outlook.com information. That's how I have mine setup on 7.1 without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onggeo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Update: Logged in my hotmail again and I tried sending an email for the heck of it and surprisingly I could send emails but still couldn't receive emails, folders won't appear, as well as contacts and calendars.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Update: Logged in my hotmail again and I tried sending an email for the heck of it and surprisingly I could send emails but still couldn't receive emails, folders won't appear, as well as contacts and calendars.

Did you get a replacement hotmail address in the form of outlook.com like most of us did during the transition from hotmail to Outlook.com? If so, check your outlook.com account's inbox for any messages sent to your hotmail address.

onggeo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you get a replacement hotmail address in the form of outlook.com like most of us did during the transition from hotmail to Outlook.com? If so, check your outlook.com account's inbox for any messages sent to your hotmail address.

I remember getting that option but declined changing the "@hotmail.com" to "@outlook.com" because most people know my address as hotmail. Could that be the problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember getting that option but declined changing the "@hotmail.com" to "@outlook.com" because most people know my address as hotmail. Could that be the problem?
It's possible, and if I'm not mistaken, you were switched over anyway. Still, I can't state for certain.

Drew_drake87

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem after doing some fiddling around I figured out how to set it up. You need to use the Exchange setup and set the server to outlook.office365.com make sure the username is your email address. once you do that you should be good to go! :)

onggeo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem after doing some fiddling around I figured out how to set it up. You need to use the Exchange setup and set the server to outlook.office365.com make sure the username is your email address. once you do that you should be good to go! :)

Have tried your solution but doesn't work for me thanks anyway

onggeo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Update: Tried logging in my hotmail/outlook account on my mom's iPad still running 7.0.X and it won't sync as well. What could be wrong with my email account?