Password encrypted

twowheelin

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I've acquired a pre-owned unlocked iPhone4.The phone is password encrypted. When I try to access some of the phone's features,I'm asked for the password.Since I don't know what it is & the previous owner is unknown, I'm locked out.Is there a way to resolve this issue?...Thanks

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've acquired a pre-owned unlocked iPhone4.The phone is password encrypted. When I try to access some of the phone's features,I'm asked for the password.Since I don't know what it is & the previous owner is unknown, I'm locked out.Is there a way to resolve this issue?...Thanks

It seems like there were restrictions set on the device by the previous owner. Did you erase & set the phone up as new when you got it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With what you described, you should be able to go to Settings-General -Reset and then select "Erase All Contents & Settings". Having said that, you will lose everything that is currently on the device. If you're a kid trying to bypass the restrictions set by your parents, there is nothing we can do for you except advise you to enjoy the device in the manner it was given. :)

twowheelin

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
No,I did not. I installed new Sim card,that's all.When I attempt to set up wi-fi network, I am prompted to choose a network.DKPC4 appears with a padlock icon.I can go no further.I have new software updates I cannot download because of this issue.....thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No,I did not.
Okay
I installed new Sim card,that's all.When I attempt to set up wi-fi network, I am prompted to choose a network.DKPC4 appears with a padlock icon.I can go no further.
Just type in the Passcode for the Wi-Fi network you're trying to access.
I have new software updates I cannot download because of this issue.....thanks in advance.
This is NOT an issue with the phone. You need to provide the Passcode for the Wi-Fi network DKPC4 or use your cellular data to download the updates. Go to Settings-iTunes & App Store, scroll down to the bottom and select "Use Cellular Data", if you want to go that route.